- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Retain County Clerk Margie Mullins
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Re-elect Jesse White
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Elect Sheila Simon as state comptroller
- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
Crusader CEO Eggers honored for leadership
Gordon Eggers Jr., president and CEO of Crusader Community Health, is the recipient of the George O’Neill Leadership Award from the Illinois Primary Health Care Association. The award was given at their annual meeting Oct. 4 and recognized Eggers for his leadership and vision and sense of mission to ensure the medically underserved have the opportunity to receive health care.
Eggers joined Crusader in 1987 as a physician assistant, the first in Rockford. In 1998, he was promoted to the executive management team as vice president of health providers. He was appointed as president and CEO in 2005. During his tenure, he established multiple innovative program and initiatives to improve the quality and effectiveness of patient care.
Crusader Community Health was established in 1972 with the mission of serving the Rock River Valley area with quality, primary health care for people in need. Crusader operates four clinics that served nearly 48,000 individual patients last year.
From the Dec. 4-10, 2013, issue