- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Crusader CEO Eggers honored for leadership
Gordon Eggers Jr., president and CEO of Crusader Community Health, is the recipient of the George O’Neill Leadership Award from the Illinois Primary Health Care Association. The award was given at their annual meeting Oct. 4 and recognized Eggers for his leadership and vision and sense of mission to ensure the medically underserved have the opportunity to receive health care.
Eggers joined Crusader in 1987 as a physician assistant, the first in Rockford. In 1998, he was promoted to the executive management team as vice president of health providers. He was appointed as president and CEO in 2005. During his tenure, he established multiple innovative program and initiatives to improve the quality and effectiveness of patient care.
Crusader Community Health was established in 1972 with the mission of serving the Rock River Valley area with quality, primary health care for people in need. Crusader operates four clinics that served nearly 48,000 individual patients last year.
From the Dec. 4-10, 2013, issue