- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Crusader CEO Eggers honored for leadership
Gordon Eggers Jr., president and CEO of Crusader Community Health, is the recipient of the George O’Neill Leadership Award from the Illinois Primary Health Care Association. The award was given at their annual meeting Oct. 4 and recognized Eggers for his leadership and vision and sense of mission to ensure the medically underserved have the opportunity to receive health care.
Eggers joined Crusader in 1987 as a physician assistant, the first in Rockford. In 1998, he was promoted to the executive management team as vice president of health providers. He was appointed as president and CEO in 2005. During his tenure, he established multiple innovative program and initiatives to improve the quality and effectiveness of patient care.
Crusader Community Health was established in 1972 with the mission of serving the Rock River Valley area with quality, primary health care for people in need. Crusader operates four clinics that served nearly 48,000 individual patients last year.
From the Dec. 4-10, 2013, issue