- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Crusader CEO Eggers honored for leadership
Gordon Eggers Jr., president and CEO of Crusader Community Health, is the recipient of the George O’Neill Leadership Award from the Illinois Primary Health Care Association. The award was given at their annual meeting Oct. 4 and recognized Eggers for his leadership and vision and sense of mission to ensure the medically underserved have the opportunity to receive health care.
Eggers joined Crusader in 1987 as a physician assistant, the first in Rockford. In 1998, he was promoted to the executive management team as vice president of health providers. He was appointed as president and CEO in 2005. During his tenure, he established multiple innovative program and initiatives to improve the quality and effectiveness of patient care.
Crusader Community Health was established in 1972 with the mission of serving the Rock River Valley area with quality, primary health care for people in need. Crusader operates four clinics that served nearly 48,000 individual patients last year.
From the Dec. 4-10, 2013, issue