- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Deadline for auditions for RAMI Youth Charity Jam is Jan. 30
Auditions for the 2014 RAMI Youth Charity Jam will be Saturday, Feb. 22, 2014, at Tebala Shrine Center, 7910 Newburg Road, Rockford. Deadline to submit for the auditions is Jan. 30, 2014.
A single performer or two-thirds of the band members must be younger than 19 and attending high school in Winnebago, Boone, Ogle or Stephenson counties.
The top seven performances will advance to the 2014 RAMI Youth Charity Jam Saturday, April 5, 2014, at Tebala Shrine Center.
Judging is done by musicians, booking agents, venue operators from the community, and two representatives from In Youth We Trust, a youth philanthropy group of the Community Foundation of Northern Illinois. A performer and bands are judged by a point system on stage presence, vocals, music and originality.
The bands will be showcased on a large stage, assisted by professional lighting, sound and stage technicians.
The first-place winner will receive $300, 10 hours of recording time from Barker Recording Studio, and will be invited to perform at the 22nd RAMI Awards Ceremony in April. Second-place winner receives $250 and third-place winner gets $200. The band selling the most tickets to the event receives $100.
To submit an application, go to youthcharityjam.com. Performers and bands must attach a picture, short bio and properly formatted MP3 with application.
For more information, contact Dan Eisman at (815) 546-3021 or email@example.com.
Following is the RAMI’s calendar of events for 2014:
Saturday, Feb. 22 — RAMI Youth Charity Jam auditions
Saturday, March 11 — 16th RAMI Spring Benefit
Saturday, April 4 — RAMI Youth Charity Jam
Friday, April 11 — RAMI Awards Ceremony
Sunday, June 22 — Rockin’ Roll Garage Sale
TBA — RAMI Golf Play Day
From the Dec. 4-10, 2013, issue