- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
‘Managing Your Diabetes through the Holidays’ offered Dec. 12
By University of Illinois Extension
The holiday season is quickly approaching, and with that comes parties, treats and the potential for additional holiday stress. For people with diabetes, the holiday season can be particularly challenging when it comes to managing their diabetes.
Join University of Illinois Extension Nutrition and Wellness Educator Diane Reinhold for the special program “Managing Your Diabetes through the Holidays.” This one-hour workshop is designed to provide the skills and knowledge for individuals to better manage blood sugars during the holidays.
The public is invited to attend this low-cost event, which will be from 2 to 3 p.m., Thursday, Dec. 12, at the U of I Extension Office, 1040 N. Second St., Rockford. To register, visit http://web.extension.illinois.edu/jsw or call (815) 986-4357. Cost is $5 per participant, and pre-registration is required; space is limited.
Techniques will be shared that can be used to reduce the amount of sugar and fat in your favorite holiday recipes, helpful tips on managing your diabetes while traveling, and fun ways to incorporate physical activity during this busy season.
Posted Dec. 4, 2013