- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
- Impacts of low oil prices
- Monica Lewinsky takes aim at online bullying
- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
‘Managing Your Diabetes through the Holidays’ offered Dec. 12
By University of Illinois Extension
The holiday season is quickly approaching, and with that comes parties, treats and the potential for additional holiday stress. For people with diabetes, the holiday season can be particularly challenging when it comes to managing their diabetes.
Join University of Illinois Extension Nutrition and Wellness Educator Diane Reinhold for the special program “Managing Your Diabetes through the Holidays.” This one-hour workshop is designed to provide the skills and knowledge for individuals to better manage blood sugars during the holidays.
The public is invited to attend this low-cost event, which will be from 2 to 3 p.m., Thursday, Dec. 12, at the U of I Extension Office, 1040 N. Second St., Rockford. To register, visit http://web.extension.illinois.edu/jsw or call (815) 986-4357. Cost is $5 per participant, and pre-registration is required; space is limited.
Techniques will be shared that can be used to reduce the amount of sugar and fat in your favorite holiday recipes, helpful tips on managing your diabetes while traveling, and fun ways to incorporate physical activity during this busy season.
Posted Dec. 4, 2013