- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
- Charges re-filed against seven Hells Angels
- Tube Talk: Addicted to ‘Rehab Addict’
‘Managing Your Diabetes through the Holidays’ offered Dec. 12
By University of Illinois Extension
The holiday season is quickly approaching, and with that comes parties, treats and the potential for additional holiday stress. For people with diabetes, the holiday season can be particularly challenging when it comes to managing their diabetes.
Join University of Illinois Extension Nutrition and Wellness Educator Diane Reinhold for the special program “Managing Your Diabetes through the Holidays.” This one-hour workshop is designed to provide the skills and knowledge for individuals to better manage blood sugars during the holidays.
The public is invited to attend this low-cost event, which will be from 2 to 3 p.m., Thursday, Dec. 12, at the U of I Extension Office, 1040 N. Second St., Rockford. To register, visit http://web.extension.illinois.edu/jsw or call (815) 986-4357. Cost is $5 per participant, and pre-registration is required; space is limited.
Techniques will be shared that can be used to reduce the amount of sugar and fat in your favorite holiday recipes, helpful tips on managing your diabetes while traveling, and fun ways to incorporate physical activity during this busy season.
Posted Dec. 4, 2013