- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: Catching up with John ‘Brizz’ Brizzolara of 96.7 The Eagle
‘Managing Your Diabetes through the Holidays’ offered Dec. 12
By University of Illinois Extension
The holiday season is quickly approaching, and with that comes parties, treats and the potential for additional holiday stress. For people with diabetes, the holiday season can be particularly challenging when it comes to managing their diabetes.
Join University of Illinois Extension Nutrition and Wellness Educator Diane Reinhold for the special program “Managing Your Diabetes through the Holidays.” This one-hour workshop is designed to provide the skills and knowledge for individuals to better manage blood sugars during the holidays.
The public is invited to attend this low-cost event, which will be from 2 to 3 p.m., Thursday, Dec. 12, at the U of I Extension Office, 1040 N. Second St., Rockford. To register, visit http://web.extension.illinois.edu/jsw or call (815) 986-4357. Cost is $5 per participant, and pre-registration is required; space is limited.
Techniques will be shared that can be used to reduce the amount of sugar and fat in your favorite holiday recipes, helpful tips on managing your diabetes while traveling, and fun ways to incorporate physical activity during this busy season.
Posted Dec. 4, 2013