- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
‘Managing Your Diabetes through the Holidays’ offered Dec. 12
By University of Illinois Extension
The holiday season is quickly approaching, and with that comes parties, treats and the potential for additional holiday stress. For people with diabetes, the holiday season can be particularly challenging when it comes to managing their diabetes.
Join University of Illinois Extension Nutrition and Wellness Educator Diane Reinhold for the special program “Managing Your Diabetes through the Holidays.” This one-hour workshop is designed to provide the skills and knowledge for individuals to better manage blood sugars during the holidays.
The public is invited to attend this low-cost event, which will be from 2 to 3 p.m., Thursday, Dec. 12, at the U of I Extension Office, 1040 N. Second St., Rockford. To register, visit http://web.extension.illinois.edu/jsw or call (815) 986-4357. Cost is $5 per participant, and pre-registration is required; space is limited.
Techniques will be shared that can be used to reduce the amount of sugar and fat in your favorite holiday recipes, helpful tips on managing your diabetes while traveling, and fun ways to incorporate physical activity during this busy season.
Posted Dec. 4, 2013