- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
OSF’s Pink Glove Dance video places No. 1 in state
Online Staff Report
The OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center 2013 Medline Pink Glove Dance video placed No. 1 in Illinois with 3,544 votes. Alexian Brothers in Hoffman Estates came in at a close second with 3,428 votes, and Sarah Bush Lincoln in Mattoon came in third with 2,763 votes.
This year’s winner, which was announced Friday, Nov. 15, was Geisinger Health System of Danville, Pa., with a record 95,632 votes.
“Thanks to everyone who took the time to vote for the OSF Saint Anthony Pink Glove Dance video,” said Beth Hayden, OSF Saint Anthony director of Oncology Services. “Even though we did not place in the top three, we are thrilled to place No. 1 in Illinois. Your support of the video and, more importantly, of the cause — creating breast cancer awareness and action — is much appreciated.”
The OSF Saint Anthony Pink Glove Dance Committee would also like to extend a special thank-you to the Girl Scouts of Northern Illinois for participating in this year’s video and for helping spread awareness of the early detection and prevention of breast cancer.
For more about the Pink Glove Dance video, visit www.pinkglovedance.com.
Posted Dec. 4, 2013