- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
OSF’s Pink Glove Dance video places No. 1 in state
Online Staff Report
The OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center 2013 Medline Pink Glove Dance video placed No. 1 in Illinois with 3,544 votes. Alexian Brothers in Hoffman Estates came in at a close second with 3,428 votes, and Sarah Bush Lincoln in Mattoon came in third with 2,763 votes.
This year’s winner, which was announced Friday, Nov. 15, was Geisinger Health System of Danville, Pa., with a record 95,632 votes.
“Thanks to everyone who took the time to vote for the OSF Saint Anthony Pink Glove Dance video,” said Beth Hayden, OSF Saint Anthony director of Oncology Services. “Even though we did not place in the top three, we are thrilled to place No. 1 in Illinois. Your support of the video and, more importantly, of the cause — creating breast cancer awareness and action — is much appreciated.”
The OSF Saint Anthony Pink Glove Dance Committee would also like to extend a special thank-you to the Girl Scouts of Northern Illinois for participating in this year’s video and for helping spread awareness of the early detection and prevention of breast cancer.
For more about the Pink Glove Dance video, visit www.pinkglovedance.com.
Posted Dec. 4, 2013