- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
OSF’s Pink Glove Dance video places No. 1 in state
Online Staff Report
The OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center 2013 Medline Pink Glove Dance video placed No. 1 in Illinois with 3,544 votes. Alexian Brothers in Hoffman Estates came in at a close second with 3,428 votes, and Sarah Bush Lincoln in Mattoon came in third with 2,763 votes.
This year’s winner, which was announced Friday, Nov. 15, was Geisinger Health System of Danville, Pa., with a record 95,632 votes.
“Thanks to everyone who took the time to vote for the OSF Saint Anthony Pink Glove Dance video,” said Beth Hayden, OSF Saint Anthony director of Oncology Services. “Even though we did not place in the top three, we are thrilled to place No. 1 in Illinois. Your support of the video and, more importantly, of the cause — creating breast cancer awareness and action — is much appreciated.”
The OSF Saint Anthony Pink Glove Dance Committee would also like to extend a special thank-you to the Girl Scouts of Northern Illinois for participating in this year’s video and for helping spread awareness of the early detection and prevention of breast cancer.
For more about the Pink Glove Dance video, visit www.pinkglovedance.com.
Posted Dec. 4, 2013