- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
St. Mark offers free holiday concert Dec. 8
Online Staff Report
St. Mark Lutheran Church of Rockford is hosting a free concert featuring the holiday sounds of the season. The concert will feature “The St. Mark Ringers” handbell ensemble, and the Voices of St. Mark choir, directed by Margaret Dean.
This concert will feature an array of both traditional carols, as well as some wonderful new holiday arrangements. The concert will also feature guest organist Greg Gyllsdorff and flutist Carrie Cappa.
The concert opens the Christmas season at 3 p.m., Sunday, Dec. 8, at St. Mark Lutheran Church, 675 N. Mulford Road, Rockford. Home-baked cookies will be served at a reception following the concert. The concert is free and open to the public. A freewill offering will be accepted.
For more information, call (815) 398-3557 or visit stmarklc.com.
Posted Dec. 4, 2013