- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
2nd City Chorus presents ‘The Stories of Christmas’ Dec. 14
The award-winning 2nd City Chorus will present its annual Christmas show, “The Stories of Christmas,” at 3 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 14, at Second Congregational/First Presbyterian Church, 318 N. Church St., Rockford.
2nd City’s two quartets — Second Opinion and Up North Four — will also sing some holiday favorites.
Special guest performers will be the award-winning Sweet Adeline Chorus and River City Sound. The two a cappella groups will sing, individually and together, a variety of sacred and secular Christmas melodies.
Second Congregational Church’s “The Belles” bell choir will add their festive sound to the concert, as will the church’s organist, Valerie Blair.
A free-will offering will be taken as admission at the door. Call Doug Phillips at (815) 494-0112 for more details.
From the Dec. 11-17, 2013, issue