- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
Aviators re-sign first baseman Kenny Bryant
The Rockford Aviators announced Dec. 9 that first baseman Kenny Bryant has been signed to a contract extension.
Bryant, 23, was a staple in the Aviators’ lineup last season. He played in 94 games, hit eight home runs, 15 doubles and collected 45 RBIs.
Last season, Bryant showed the potential to be a left-handed power bat in the lineup for Rockford on many occasions. Most notably, he showcased that potential at Florence June 2, when he went two-for-four at the plate with two home runs and five RBIs.
Defensively, Bryant was outstanding at first base in 2013. Through 94 games last season, Bryant committed just nine errors and maintained a fielding percentage of .989.
Bryant and the Rockford Aviators will open the 2014 campaign Friday, May 16, at home against the River City Rascals at 7:05 p.m. Season ticket packages and advertising information is available now by calling (815) 885-2255. The Aviators are a member of the Frontier League, the longest continuously operating independent professional baseball league in the country. Visit www.rockfordaviators.com for more news and information about the team.
Posted Dec. 11, 2013