- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Aviators re-sign first baseman Kenny Bryant
The Rockford Aviators announced Dec. 9 that first baseman Kenny Bryant has been signed to a contract extension.
Bryant, 23, was a staple in the Aviators’ lineup last season. He played in 94 games, hit eight home runs, 15 doubles and collected 45 RBIs.
Last season, Bryant showed the potential to be a left-handed power bat in the lineup for Rockford on many occasions. Most notably, he showcased that potential at Florence June 2, when he went two-for-four at the plate with two home runs and five RBIs.
Defensively, Bryant was outstanding at first base in 2013. Through 94 games last season, Bryant committed just nine errors and maintained a fielding percentage of .989.
Bryant and the Rockford Aviators will open the 2014 campaign Friday, May 16, at home against the River City Rascals at 7:05 p.m. Season ticket packages and advertising information is available now by calling (815) 885-2255. The Aviators are a member of the Frontier League, the longest continuously operating independent professional baseball league in the country. Visit www.rockfordaviators.com for more news and information about the team.
Posted Dec. 11, 2013