- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
Aviators re-sign first baseman Kenny Bryant
The Rockford Aviators announced Dec. 9 that first baseman Kenny Bryant has been signed to a contract extension.
Bryant, 23, was a staple in the Aviators’ lineup last season. He played in 94 games, hit eight home runs, 15 doubles and collected 45 RBIs.
Last season, Bryant showed the potential to be a left-handed power bat in the lineup for Rockford on many occasions. Most notably, he showcased that potential at Florence June 2, when he went two-for-four at the plate with two home runs and five RBIs.
Defensively, Bryant was outstanding at first base in 2013. Through 94 games last season, Bryant committed just nine errors and maintained a fielding percentage of .989.
Bryant and the Rockford Aviators will open the 2014 campaign Friday, May 16, at home against the River City Rascals at 7:05 p.m. Season ticket packages and advertising information is available now by calling (815) 885-2255. The Aviators are a member of the Frontier League, the longest continuously operating independent professional baseball league in the country. Visit www.rockfordaviators.com for more news and information about the team.
Posted Dec. 11, 2013