- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Aviators re-sign first baseman Kenny Bryant
The Rockford Aviators announced Dec. 9 that first baseman Kenny Bryant has been signed to a contract extension.
Bryant, 23, was a staple in the Aviators’ lineup last season. He played in 94 games, hit eight home runs, 15 doubles and collected 45 RBIs.
Last season, Bryant showed the potential to be a left-handed power bat in the lineup for Rockford on many occasions. Most notably, he showcased that potential at Florence June 2, when he went two-for-four at the plate with two home runs and five RBIs.
Defensively, Bryant was outstanding at first base in 2013. Through 94 games last season, Bryant committed just nine errors and maintained a fielding percentage of .989.
Bryant and the Rockford Aviators will open the 2014 campaign Friday, May 16, at home against the River City Rascals at 7:05 p.m. Season ticket packages and advertising information is available now by calling (815) 885-2255. The Aviators are a member of the Frontier League, the longest continuously operating independent professional baseball league in the country. Visit www.rockfordaviators.com for more news and information about the team.
Posted Dec. 11, 2013