- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
- ‘Hogs fall just shy of Midwest title
- Fork and Stein Urban Gourmet delivers beer infused delicacies to Rockford
Beloit Janesville Symphony presents Holiday Spectacular Dec. 14
BELOIT, Wis. — The annual Beloit Janesville Symphony Holiday Spectacular will be at 3 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 14, at the Eclipse Center, 3 Eclipse Blvd., Beloit, Wis.
The whole family is sure to be entertained during the performance of holiday classics. The afternoon will be made even more memorable by the addition of several talented local choruses, including: Beloit Memorial High School Chorus, Beloit Memorial High School Boys Choir, Turner High School Chorus and the Rock County Christian Choir.
Miss Andrea’s Dance Factory will also be on hand to perform excerpts from the holiday ballet classic The Nutcracker. Later in the program, they will perform festive choreography to accompany another holiday favorite, “Sleigh Ride.”
Guests will enjoy several new holiday medleys, including Holiday Rock Favorites, Holiday Movie Favorites and The Holidays on Broadway.
Doors to the Eclipse Center will open at 2 p.m., and the concert will begin at 3 p.m. Concert tickets are on sale online and by phone and will be available at the door as well. Individual adult tickets are $19, and college student tickets are $5 with a valid ID. New this season — active military personnel are able to attend any concert free of charge with an ID, as are children grades K-12.
For more about the Beloit Janesville Symphony Orchestra, visit www.beloitjanesvillesymphony.org or call (608) 313-1200.
Posted Dec. 11, 2013