- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: Catching up with John ‘Brizz’ Brizzolara of 96.7 The Eagle
Bobby Messano featured in Crossroad Blues Society’s Christmas Party
Friday, Dec. 13, Crossroads Blues Society will present Blues in the Schools with Bobby Messano at two area schools followed by the Ninth Annual Crossroads Blues Society Christmas Party at the Adriatic, 327 W. Jefferson St., Rockford.
The Adriatic show starts at 8 p.m., but the party begins at 6:30 p.m. The show will feature multiple Grammy nominee Bobby Messano on guitar and vocals (Steve Winwood, Lou Gramm), Steve Geller on bass (Davy Jones Band), Daxx Nielsen on drums (Cheap Trick), and with a special appearance by Jimmy Sohns (Shadows of Knight, “Gloria”), plus perhaps other surprise guests.
Cover is $5, with free food (bring a snack or dish to pass, if you can) and (if you’d like) bring a gag 33 record wrapped for a fun LP exchange.
For more about these presentations, contact Steve Jones, Crossroads Blues Society president, at (779) 537-4006, or visit http://crossroadsbluesociety.blogspot.com.
Bobby Messano also sneaks into the area Thursday evening down in Byron, Ill., for an unplugged acoustic performance at Leombruni’s Italian Village, 110 W. Second St., at 8 p.m., Dec. 12.
Posted Dec. 11, 2013