- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
- Charges re-filed against seven Hells Angels
- Tube Talk: Addicted to ‘Rehab Addict’
Bobby Messano featured in Crossroad Blues Society’s Christmas Party
Friday, Dec. 13, Crossroads Blues Society will present Blues in the Schools with Bobby Messano at two area schools followed by the Ninth Annual Crossroads Blues Society Christmas Party at the Adriatic, 327 W. Jefferson St., Rockford.
The Adriatic show starts at 8 p.m., but the party begins at 6:30 p.m. The show will feature multiple Grammy nominee Bobby Messano on guitar and vocals (Steve Winwood, Lou Gramm), Steve Geller on bass (Davy Jones Band), Daxx Nielsen on drums (Cheap Trick), and with a special appearance by Jimmy Sohns (Shadows of Knight, “Gloria”), plus perhaps other surprise guests.
Cover is $5, with free food (bring a snack or dish to pass, if you can) and (if you’d like) bring a gag 33 record wrapped for a fun LP exchange.
For more about these presentations, contact Steve Jones, Crossroads Blues Society president, at (779) 537-4006, or visit http://crossroadsbluesociety.blogspot.com.
Bobby Messano also sneaks into the area Thursday evening down in Byron, Ill., for an unplugged acoustic performance at Leombruni’s Italian Village, 110 W. Second St., at 8 p.m., Dec. 12.
Posted Dec. 11, 2013