- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Bobby Messano featured in Crossroad Blues Society’s Christmas Party
Friday, Dec. 13, Crossroads Blues Society will present Blues in the Schools with Bobby Messano at two area schools followed by the Ninth Annual Crossroads Blues Society Christmas Party at the Adriatic, 327 W. Jefferson St., Rockford.
The Adriatic show starts at 8 p.m., but the party begins at 6:30 p.m. The show will feature multiple Grammy nominee Bobby Messano on guitar and vocals (Steve Winwood, Lou Gramm), Steve Geller on bass (Davy Jones Band), Daxx Nielsen on drums (Cheap Trick), and with a special appearance by Jimmy Sohns (Shadows of Knight, “Gloria”), plus perhaps other surprise guests.
Cover is $5, with free food (bring a snack or dish to pass, if you can) and (if you’d like) bring a gag 33 record wrapped for a fun LP exchange.
For more about these presentations, contact Steve Jones, Crossroads Blues Society president, at (779) 537-4006, or visit http://crossroadsbluesociety.blogspot.com.
Bobby Messano also sneaks into the area Thursday evening down in Byron, Ill., for an unplugged acoustic performance at Leombruni’s Italian Village, 110 W. Second St., at 8 p.m., Dec. 12.
Posted Dec. 11, 2013