- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
Bobby Messano featured in Crossroad Blues Society’s Christmas Party
Friday, Dec. 13, Crossroads Blues Society will present Blues in the Schools with Bobby Messano at two area schools followed by the Ninth Annual Crossroads Blues Society Christmas Party at the Adriatic, 327 W. Jefferson St., Rockford.
The Adriatic show starts at 8 p.m., but the party begins at 6:30 p.m. The show will feature multiple Grammy nominee Bobby Messano on guitar and vocals (Steve Winwood, Lou Gramm), Steve Geller on bass (Davy Jones Band), Daxx Nielsen on drums (Cheap Trick), and with a special appearance by Jimmy Sohns (Shadows of Knight, “Gloria”), plus perhaps other surprise guests.
Cover is $5, with free food (bring a snack or dish to pass, if you can) and (if you’d like) bring a gag 33 record wrapped for a fun LP exchange.
For more about these presentations, contact Steve Jones, Crossroads Blues Society president, at (779) 537-4006, or visit http://crossroadsbluesociety.blogspot.com.
Bobby Messano also sneaks into the area Thursday evening down in Byron, Ill., for an unplugged acoustic performance at Leombruni’s Italian Village, 110 W. Second St., at 8 p.m., Dec. 12.
Posted Dec. 11, 2013