- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Bobby Messano featured in Crossroad Blues Society’s Christmas Party
Friday, Dec. 13, Crossroads Blues Society will present Blues in the Schools with Bobby Messano at two area schools followed by the Ninth Annual Crossroads Blues Society Christmas Party at the Adriatic, 327 W. Jefferson St., Rockford.
The Adriatic show starts at 8 p.m., but the party begins at 6:30 p.m. The show will feature multiple Grammy nominee Bobby Messano on guitar and vocals (Steve Winwood, Lou Gramm), Steve Geller on bass (Davy Jones Band), Daxx Nielsen on drums (Cheap Trick), and with a special appearance by Jimmy Sohns (Shadows of Knight, “Gloria”), plus perhaps other surprise guests.
Cover is $5, with free food (bring a snack or dish to pass, if you can) and (if you’d like) bring a gag 33 record wrapped for a fun LP exchange.
For more about these presentations, contact Steve Jones, Crossroads Blues Society president, at (779) 537-4006, or visit http://crossroadsbluesociety.blogspot.com.
Bobby Messano also sneaks into the area Thursday evening down in Byron, Ill., for an unplugged acoustic performance at Leombruni’s Italian Village, 110 W. Second St., at 8 p.m., Dec. 12.
Posted Dec. 11, 2013