- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
- ‘Hoo’ Haven hosts annual open house Nov. 2 in Durand
Dec. 20 deadline for Community Arts Access grants in Freeport
FREEPORT, Ill. — The Freeport Art Museum has been awarded $4,150 through the Illinois Arts Council’s Community Arts Access regranting program.
The museum adds a cash match to the award, creating a total amount available for grants near $5,000. The funds are designated to support artists and not-for-profit organizations presenting arts programming in Stephenson, Jo Daviess, Carroll, Ogle and Lee counties. All eligible grant proposals are reviewed by a peer panel composed of representatives from the five counties.
Community Arts Access grants are available for visual, musical, performing, literary and inter-disciplinary arts projects that provide community-based programming. Projects should employ artists from the northwest Illinois area. Projects or programs must make an effort to serve diverse and/or under-served audiences. Applicants are encouraged to seek funding from a variety of sources. Eligible projects are those taking place between Jan. 1 and Aug. 31, 2014.
For assistance with completing a grant application, contact the Freeport Art Museum and ask for Director Jessica J. Caddell. Assistance is available to all who need it. Grant applications and guidelines are available for download from the Freeport Art Museum website at www.freeportartmuseum.org, or can be requested by calling the museum at (815) 235-9755. Completed proposals are due no later than 4 p.m., Dec. 20. Questions about the Community Arts Access grants may be directed to the staff of the Freeport Art Museum at (815) 235-9755.
Previous recipients include Freeport Area Church Cooperative’s Hip Hop Writer’s Workshops, The Next Picture Show’s Viva! Arts Education program (Dixon), the Mighty Richland Players Dinner Theater and the 2012 Fields Project bringing public art to the Oregon Sculpture Trail.
Freeport Art Museum is at 121 N. Harlem Ave., Freeport. Hours are 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Tuesday-Friday, and noon-5 p.m., Saturday. Admission is free, although donations are sought.
Posted Dec. 11, 2013