- Two adults, two kids dead in Dec. 20 Rockford shooting
- Teen in custody following shooting on Crestview
- Man sentenced to 38 years for May 2008 murder
- EarthTalk: Still in denial about climate
- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
Dunja Cosic a Lincoln Academy Student Laureate
Dunja Cosic, of Rockford, a student at Rockford University, was honored as a Student Laureate by the Lincoln Academy of Illinois during a ceremony Nov. 2 at the Old State Capitol State Historic Site in Springfield, Ill.
The Lincoln Academy’s Student Laureate Awards are presented for excellence in curricular and extracurricular activities to seniors from each of the state’s four-year, degree-granting colleges and universities, and one student from among all the community colleges in Illinois.
Each Student Laureate received a Student Laureate Medallion, along with a $1,000 educational grant and a certificate of achievement. The Nov. 2 event marked the 39th year students have been honored by the academy.
From the Dec. 11-17, 2013, issue