- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
Dunja Cosic a Lincoln Academy Student Laureate
Dunja Cosic, of Rockford, a student at Rockford University, was honored as a Student Laureate by the Lincoln Academy of Illinois during a ceremony Nov. 2 at the Old State Capitol State Historic Site in Springfield, Ill.
The Lincoln Academy’s Student Laureate Awards are presented for excellence in curricular and extracurricular activities to seniors from each of the state’s four-year, degree-granting colleges and universities, and one student from among all the community colleges in Illinois.
Each Student Laureate received a Student Laureate Medallion, along with a $1,000 educational grant and a certificate of achievement. The Nov. 2 event marked the 39th year students have been honored by the academy.
From the Dec. 11-17, 2013, issue