- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
Dunja Cosic a Lincoln Academy Student Laureate
Dunja Cosic, of Rockford, a student at Rockford University, was honored as a Student Laureate by the Lincoln Academy of Illinois during a ceremony Nov. 2 at the Old State Capitol State Historic Site in Springfield, Ill.
The Lincoln Academy’s Student Laureate Awards are presented for excellence in curricular and extracurricular activities to seniors from each of the state’s four-year, degree-granting colleges and universities, and one student from among all the community colleges in Illinois.
Each Student Laureate received a Student Laureate Medallion, along with a $1,000 educational grant and a certificate of achievement. The Nov. 2 event marked the 39th year students have been honored by the academy.
From the Dec. 11-17, 2013, issue