- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Dunja Cosic a Lincoln Academy Student Laureate
Dunja Cosic, of Rockford, a student at Rockford University, was honored as a Student Laureate by the Lincoln Academy of Illinois during a ceremony Nov. 2 at the Old State Capitol State Historic Site in Springfield, Ill.
The Lincoln Academy’s Student Laureate Awards are presented for excellence in curricular and extracurricular activities to seniors from each of the state’s four-year, degree-granting colleges and universities, and one student from among all the community colleges in Illinois.
Each Student Laureate received a Student Laureate Medallion, along with a $1,000 educational grant and a certificate of achievement. The Nov. 2 event marked the 39th year students have been honored by the academy.
From the Dec. 11-17, 2013, issue