- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
- ‘Hogs fall just shy of Midwest title
- Fork and Stein Urban Gourmet delivers beer infused delicacies to Rockford
Kantorei offers two holiday concerts — Dec. 15 and Dec. 20
The Christmas spirit will fill the Rockford area with the beautiful sounds of Kantorei, the Singing Boys of Rockford, as they conduct two holiday concerts. The first will be at 3 p.m., Sunday, Dec. 15, at Our Savior’s Lutheran Church, 3300 Rural St., Rockford. Kantorei’s second holiday concert will be at 7:30 p.m., Friday, Dec. 20, at First Lutheran Church, 225 S. Third St., Rockford. The concerts will include an alumni chorus and will be led by Joel Ross, Kantorei’s music director for the past 25 years. “These are wonderful events the whole family can enjoy,” said Dr. Joe Ross, president of the Kantorei Board of Directors. “It is a great way to get into the holiday spirit by listening to some of the best holiday songs ever written.”
Tickets are $15 for adults and $10 for students. Tickets at the door are $18 for adults and $12 for students. To purchase tickets or for more information, visit www.Kantorei.com.
From the Dec. 11-17, 2013, issue