- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
Karen Johnson Hurd wins Spirit of Caring Award
This year, Beloit Regional Hospice (BRH) had the privilege of awarding two Spirit of Caring Awards. The first was awarded to Bonnie Wetter at Doves and Diamonds: Celebrate Hospice, and the second was awarded at a recent BRH staff meeting where Karen Johnson Hurd marked her 20th anniversary working as the CNA coordinator.
Hurd is shown at left in photo, with BRH Executive Director Mary Anne Miller holding the award, which is given annually by BRH to an individual, organization or business that has demonstrated dedication to strengthening the hospice concept in the stateline community in an effort to improve quality of life.
Hurd has seen the organization grow and change over her 20 years of service, and throughout that time, her commitment to end-of-life care and the importance of the philosophy of “patients first” has never wavered.
From the Dec. 11-17, 2013, issue