- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
Open auditions for RVC’s ‘Fiddler on the Roof’ set for Dec. 16-17
Rock Valley College (RVC) Studio Theatre will be hosting open auditions for its production of Fiddler on the Roof. Auditions will be at 7 p.m., Monday and Tuesday, Dec. 16-17, in the Studio Theatre on RVC’s main campus, 3301 N. Mulford Road.
These are general call auditions. Prepare a song from the production that demonstrates vocal range and style. Those auditioning will be taught a couple of simple dance combinations as a group and will be asked to execute them in pairs. They will be assigned one or several scenes with assigned partner(s) to prepare and present.
Attend one or both days of the auditions. Plan to arrive at least 15 minutes early and be ready to audition at 7 p.m. It will help if you are familiar with the script before the auditions. Several copies of the script are available at the Studio Theatre box office and will be available for you to read in the lobby of the Studio Theatre between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., weekdays. Scripts may not be checked out.
No roles have been precast, and all roles are available through these auditions.
“Must dates” are Jan. 22-Feb. 15, 2014, with performances Feb. 5-15, 2014.
For more information, call (815) 921-2160.
Posted Dec. 11, 2013