- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Open auditions for RVC’s ‘Fiddler on the Roof’ set for Dec. 16-17
Rock Valley College (RVC) Studio Theatre will be hosting open auditions for its production of Fiddler on the Roof. Auditions will be at 7 p.m., Monday and Tuesday, Dec. 16-17, in the Studio Theatre on RVC’s main campus, 3301 N. Mulford Road.
These are general call auditions. Prepare a song from the production that demonstrates vocal range and style. Those auditioning will be taught a couple of simple dance combinations as a group and will be asked to execute them in pairs. They will be assigned one or several scenes with assigned partner(s) to prepare and present.
Attend one or both days of the auditions. Plan to arrive at least 15 minutes early and be ready to audition at 7 p.m. It will help if you are familiar with the script before the auditions. Several copies of the script are available at the Studio Theatre box office and will be available for you to read in the lobby of the Studio Theatre between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., weekdays. Scripts may not be checked out.
No roles have been precast, and all roles are available through these auditions.
“Must dates” are Jan. 22-Feb. 15, 2014, with performances Feb. 5-15, 2014.
For more information, call (815) 921-2160.
Posted Dec. 11, 2013