- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
- Final City Market of the season Friday, Oct. 17
- Lee Hamilton: Viewing political corruption more broadly
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 19 for 69th presentation of Handel’s ‘Messiah’
- Amenti Haunted House opens Oct. 17 at DeKalb’s Egyptian Theatre
Open auditions for RVC’s ‘Fiddler on the Roof’ set for Dec. 16-17
Rock Valley College (RVC) Studio Theatre will be hosting open auditions for its production of Fiddler on the Roof. Auditions will be at 7 p.m., Monday and Tuesday, Dec. 16-17, in the Studio Theatre on RVC’s main campus, 3301 N. Mulford Road.
These are general call auditions. Prepare a song from the production that demonstrates vocal range and style. Those auditioning will be taught a couple of simple dance combinations as a group and will be asked to execute them in pairs. They will be assigned one or several scenes with assigned partner(s) to prepare and present.
Attend one or both days of the auditions. Plan to arrive at least 15 minutes early and be ready to audition at 7 p.m. It will help if you are familiar with the script before the auditions. Several copies of the script are available at the Studio Theatre box office and will be available for you to read in the lobby of the Studio Theatre between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., weekdays. Scripts may not be checked out.
No roles have been precast, and all roles are available through these auditions.
“Must dates” are Jan. 22-Feb. 15, 2014, with performances Feb. 5-15, 2014.
For more information, call (815) 921-2160.
Posted Dec. 11, 2013