- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
RVC Athletics Booster Club establishes Coaches Hall of Fame
The Rock Valley College (RVC) Athletics Booster Club is establishing a Coaches Hall of Fame for RVC coaches who have been retired from the college for at least three years.
For the inaugural year, six former coaches who were instrumental in starting the athletics program at the college will be honored and inducted. There will be a special ceremony to honor these six coaches at halftime of the men’s basketball game Saturday, Dec. 14, when the Golden Eagles will take on Black Hawk College (Moline) at 3 p.m.
The following coaches being inducted:
• Chuck Behrends, men’s basketball coach (1966-1985);
• Geraldine E. “Gerry” McDermott, initiated women’s sports at RVC; coached volleyball, softball and women’s basketball (1965-1993);
• Norm Matzl, football coach (1968-1987); golf coach (1966-1967); swimming coach (1967-1969);
• Pete Lonsway, men’s tennis coach (1968-1977); football coach, defensive coordinator (1968-1977);
• Ed Delaporte III, baseball coach (1967-1989); and
• Heidi Hutchison (deceased), volleyball coach (1993-1999), NJCAA Division III national champions (1996, 1997); women’s basketball coach (1993-1996).
Posted Dec. 11, 2013