- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
RVC Athletics Booster Club establishes Coaches Hall of Fame
The Rock Valley College (RVC) Athletics Booster Club is establishing a Coaches Hall of Fame for RVC coaches who have been retired from the college for at least three years.
For the inaugural year, six former coaches who were instrumental in starting the athletics program at the college will be honored and inducted. There will be a special ceremony to honor these six coaches at halftime of the men’s basketball game Saturday, Dec. 14, when the Golden Eagles will take on Black Hawk College (Moline) at 3 p.m.
The following coaches being inducted:
• Chuck Behrends, men’s basketball coach (1966-1985);
• Geraldine E. “Gerry” McDermott, initiated women’s sports at RVC; coached volleyball, softball and women’s basketball (1965-1993);
• Norm Matzl, football coach (1968-1987); golf coach (1966-1967); swimming coach (1967-1969);
• Pete Lonsway, men’s tennis coach (1968-1977); football coach, defensive coordinator (1968-1977);
• Ed Delaporte III, baseball coach (1967-1989); and
• Heidi Hutchison (deceased), volleyball coach (1993-1999), NJCAA Division III national champions (1996, 1997); women’s basketball coach (1993-1996).
Posted Dec. 11, 2013