- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
RVC Athletics Booster Club establishes Coaches Hall of Fame
The Rock Valley College (RVC) Athletics Booster Club is establishing a Coaches Hall of Fame for RVC coaches who have been retired from the college for at least three years.
For the inaugural year, six former coaches who were instrumental in starting the athletics program at the college will be honored and inducted. There will be a special ceremony to honor these six coaches at halftime of the men’s basketball game Saturday, Dec. 14, when the Golden Eagles will take on Black Hawk College (Moline) at 3 p.m.
The following coaches being inducted:
• Chuck Behrends, men’s basketball coach (1966-1985);
• Geraldine E. “Gerry” McDermott, initiated women’s sports at RVC; coached volleyball, softball and women’s basketball (1965-1993);
• Norm Matzl, football coach (1968-1987); golf coach (1966-1967); swimming coach (1967-1969);
• Pete Lonsway, men’s tennis coach (1968-1977); football coach, defensive coordinator (1968-1977);
• Ed Delaporte III, baseball coach (1967-1989); and
• Heidi Hutchison (deceased), volleyball coach (1993-1999), NJCAA Division III national champions (1996, 1997); women’s basketball coach (1993-1996).
Posted Dec. 11, 2013