- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
RVC Athletics Booster Club establishes Coaches Hall of Fame
The Rock Valley College (RVC) Athletics Booster Club is establishing a Coaches Hall of Fame for RVC coaches who have been retired from the college for at least three years.
For the inaugural year, six former coaches who were instrumental in starting the athletics program at the college will be honored and inducted. There will be a special ceremony to honor these six coaches at halftime of the men’s basketball game Saturday, Dec. 14, when the Golden Eagles will take on Black Hawk College (Moline) at 3 p.m.
The following coaches being inducted:
• Chuck Behrends, men’s basketball coach (1966-1985);
• Geraldine E. “Gerry” McDermott, initiated women’s sports at RVC; coached volleyball, softball and women’s basketball (1965-1993);
• Norm Matzl, football coach (1968-1987); golf coach (1966-1967); swimming coach (1967-1969);
• Pete Lonsway, men’s tennis coach (1968-1977); football coach, defensive coordinator (1968-1977);
• Ed Delaporte III, baseball coach (1967-1989); and
• Heidi Hutchison (deceased), volleyball coach (1993-1999), NJCAA Division III national champions (1996, 1997); women’s basketball coach (1993-1996).
Posted Dec. 11, 2013