- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
- Rockford’s E. Faye Butler to perform at Ten Chimneys in Wisconsin
- Stockholm Inn to be honored by Illinois Office of Tourism
- Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office to be out in force during Thanksgiving holiday
- Wallace co-sponsors bill to increase minimum wage
- Stadelman’s measure to prevent layoffs passes state Senate
Wheelchair Basketball Holiday tourney Dec. 14-15
MACHESNEY PARK, Ill. — Cheer on the Rockford Jr. Chariots Wheelchair Basketball Team as they host and play in the 14th Annual Jr. Wheelchair Basketball Holiday Tournament Dec. 14-15 at Harlem High School, 1 Huskie Circle, Machesney Park, Ill. Games take place starting at 9 a.m., Saturday, with the last game at 6 p.m. Sunday, the first game starts at 9 a.m., with the championship game taking place at 3 p.m. Admission to the tournament is free.
Nineteen teams from around the Midwest will compete for the chance to bring home the trophy. The Jr. Chariots has had a great season and is expected to finish first in the Junior Varsity division this year. The team is composed of players from ages 6 to 18.
From the Dec. 11-17, 2013, issue