- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Wheelchair Basketball Holiday tourney Dec. 14-15
MACHESNEY PARK, Ill. — Cheer on the Rockford Jr. Chariots Wheelchair Basketball Team as they host and play in the 14th Annual Jr. Wheelchair Basketball Holiday Tournament Dec. 14-15 at Harlem High School, 1 Huskie Circle, Machesney Park, Ill. Games take place starting at 9 a.m., Saturday, with the last game at 6 p.m. Sunday, the first game starts at 9 a.m., with the championship game taking place at 3 p.m. Admission to the tournament is free.
Nineteen teams from around the Midwest will compete for the chance to bring home the trophy. The Jr. Chariots has had a great season and is expected to finish first in the Junior Varsity division this year. The team is composed of players from ages 6 to 18.
From the Dec. 11-17, 2013, issue