- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
Wheelchair Basketball Holiday tourney Dec. 14-15
MACHESNEY PARK, Ill. — Cheer on the Rockford Jr. Chariots Wheelchair Basketball Team as they host and play in the 14th Annual Jr. Wheelchair Basketball Holiday Tournament Dec. 14-15 at Harlem High School, 1 Huskie Circle, Machesney Park, Ill. Games take place starting at 9 a.m., Saturday, with the last game at 6 p.m. Sunday, the first game starts at 9 a.m., with the championship game taking place at 3 p.m. Admission to the tournament is free.
Nineteen teams from around the Midwest will compete for the chance to bring home the trophy. The Jr. Chariots has had a great season and is expected to finish first in the Junior Varsity division this year. The team is composed of players from ages 6 to 18.
From the Dec. 11-17, 2013, issue