- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Wheelchair Basketball Holiday tourney Dec. 14-15
MACHESNEY PARK, Ill. — Cheer on the Rockford Jr. Chariots Wheelchair Basketball Team as they host and play in the 14th Annual Jr. Wheelchair Basketball Holiday Tournament Dec. 14-15 at Harlem High School, 1 Huskie Circle, Machesney Park, Ill. Games take place starting at 9 a.m., Saturday, with the last game at 6 p.m. Sunday, the first game starts at 9 a.m., with the championship game taking place at 3 p.m. Admission to the tournament is free.
Nineteen teams from around the Midwest will compete for the chance to bring home the trophy. The Jr. Chariots has had a great season and is expected to finish first in the Junior Varsity division this year. The team is composed of players from ages 6 to 18.
From the Dec. 11-17, 2013, issue