- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
Wheelchair Basketball Holiday tourney Dec. 14-15
MACHESNEY PARK, Ill. — Cheer on the Rockford Jr. Chariots Wheelchair Basketball Team as they host and play in the 14th Annual Jr. Wheelchair Basketball Holiday Tournament Dec. 14-15 at Harlem High School, 1 Huskie Circle, Machesney Park, Ill. Games take place starting at 9 a.m., Saturday, with the last game at 6 p.m. Sunday, the first game starts at 9 a.m., with the championship game taking place at 3 p.m. Admission to the tournament is free.
Nineteen teams from around the Midwest will compete for the chance to bring home the trophy. The Jr. Chariots has had a great season and is expected to finish first in the Junior Varsity division this year. The team is composed of players from ages 6 to 18.
From the Dec. 11-17, 2013, issue