- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
Concealed carry website unveiled in advance of application process
Online Staff Report
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. — The Illinois State Police (ISP) launched a website Dec. 12 to provide the public with information about the concealed carry application process.
The Concealed Carry License (CCL) website is being launched in advance of the Jan. 5, 2014, application posting date to provide citizens with additional information that will assist with eligibility requirements, application fees, training requirements, official forms, information for firearms instructors and frequently asked questions (FAQs).
A convenient feature contained within the website includes information about how to access and obtain an Illinois Digital Identification (Digital ID) and electronic fingerprinting prior to Jan. 5. Applicants can visit the website under the New Applicants — Checklist Prior to Applying, and can access links to obtain a Digital ID and electronic fingerprinting locations.
Applicants can obtain their Digital ID through the State of Illinois Department of Central Management Services website (CMS), which they will need when the electronic CCL application becomes available Jan. 5. The electronic CCL application will require an electronic signature prior to submission.
Fingerprints are not required for the CCL application; however, background checks will be expedited for those individuals who submit fingerprints. The CCL website includes a list of licensed Live Scan vendors to help applicants locate the more than 60 licensed Live Scan vendors across the state and their multiple locations. Applicants will receive a transaction control number (TCN) from the licensed Live Scan vendor at the time of fingerprinting and must retain that TCN to complete the application.
The CCL website is intended to provide a user-friendly portal designed to ease and expedite the application process with as much information as possible in advance of Jan. 5.
The new website address can be accessed at http://www.isp.state.il.us/. The ISP will continue to regularly update its concealed carry FAQs on the new website with information regarding the Illinois concealed carry process.
Posted Dec. 12, 2013