- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
Hononegah grad honored as member of UW-Whitewater men’s soccer
Ryan Reid, a Rockton Hononegah graduate, is one of four University of Wisconsin-Whitewater men’s soccer players named to the 2013 NSCAA All-Wisconsin State Team.
Reid was an honorable mention selection, while his teammates John Gottwald (first-team), Bob Shone (second team) and Sam Novak (honorable mention) were also recognized.
Reid is a junior defender who started all 21 games and played the most minutes this season for the UW-Whitewater Warhawks. The reliable defender helped the team to record eight shutouts and give up just 20 goals, fewer than one per game. Reid even got in on the offensive action, scoring four goals, including two game-winners. He was efficient on the offensive end … seven of Reid’s 12 shots were on goal. Reid was a 2012 All-WIAC second team selection. He also earned first-team honors from the WIAC.
For the All-State teams, the placements are a function of All-Region voting from the North and Central Region-main criteria; individual coach nominations and preferences; All-Conference team priority; and strength of schedule vs. win/loss performances.
The Warhawks finished the 2013 season with a 14-6-1 overall record, six more wins than in 2012, and a 3-1-0 record in the WIAC. UW-Whitewater started the season 8-0-0, the best start in school history, and throughout the season, they won five of six overtime contests.
Posted Dec. 18, 2013