- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Hononegah grad honored as member of UW-Whitewater men’s soccer
Ryan Reid, a Rockton Hononegah graduate, is one of four University of Wisconsin-Whitewater men’s soccer players named to the 2013 NSCAA All-Wisconsin State Team.
Reid was an honorable mention selection, while his teammates John Gottwald (first-team), Bob Shone (second team) and Sam Novak (honorable mention) were also recognized.
Reid is a junior defender who started all 21 games and played the most minutes this season for the UW-Whitewater Warhawks. The reliable defender helped the team to record eight shutouts and give up just 20 goals, fewer than one per game. Reid even got in on the offensive action, scoring four goals, including two game-winners. He was efficient on the offensive end … seven of Reid’s 12 shots were on goal. Reid was a 2012 All-WIAC second team selection. He also earned first-team honors from the WIAC.
For the All-State teams, the placements are a function of All-Region voting from the North and Central Region-main criteria; individual coach nominations and preferences; All-Conference team priority; and strength of schedule vs. win/loss performances.
The Warhawks finished the 2013 season with a 14-6-1 overall record, six more wins than in 2012, and a 3-1-0 record in the WIAC. UW-Whitewater started the season 8-0-0, the best start in school history, and throughout the season, they won five of six overtime contests.
Posted Dec. 18, 2013