- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Hononegah grad honored as member of UW-Whitewater men’s soccer
Ryan Reid, a Rockton Hononegah graduate, is one of four University of Wisconsin-Whitewater men’s soccer players named to the 2013 NSCAA All-Wisconsin State Team.
Reid was an honorable mention selection, while his teammates John Gottwald (first-team), Bob Shone (second team) and Sam Novak (honorable mention) were also recognized.
Reid is a junior defender who started all 21 games and played the most minutes this season for the UW-Whitewater Warhawks. The reliable defender helped the team to record eight shutouts and give up just 20 goals, fewer than one per game. Reid even got in on the offensive action, scoring four goals, including two game-winners. He was efficient on the offensive end … seven of Reid’s 12 shots were on goal. Reid was a 2012 All-WIAC second team selection. He also earned first-team honors from the WIAC.
For the All-State teams, the placements are a function of All-Region voting from the North and Central Region-main criteria; individual coach nominations and preferences; All-Conference team priority; and strength of schedule vs. win/loss performances.
The Warhawks finished the 2013 season with a 14-6-1 overall record, six more wins than in 2012, and a 3-1-0 record in the WIAC. UW-Whitewater started the season 8-0-0, the best start in school history, and throughout the season, they won five of six overtime contests.
Posted Dec. 18, 2013