- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Inflation is greed
1. I remember when I was about 10 years old and how my dad was complaining about the price of groceries. Because five bags had cost him $25!
2. But after a while, we noticed that our main staples (food, etc.) were costing us more and more. And then we demanded more raises from our employers.
3. So, this caused a never-ending spiral upwards! That could have been avoided, if only mankind hadn’t become a seeker of wealth.
Philip J. Wilson
From the Dec. 18-24, 2013, issue