- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Inflation is greed
1. I remember when I was about 10 years old and how my dad was complaining about the price of groceries. Because five bags had cost him $25!
2. But after a while, we noticed that our main staples (food, etc.) were costing us more and more. And then we demanded more raises from our employers.
3. So, this caused a never-ending spiral upwards! That could have been avoided, if only mankind hadn’t become a seeker of wealth.
Philip J. Wilson
From the Dec. 18-24, 2013, issue