- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Inflation is greed
1. I remember when I was about 10 years old and how my dad was complaining about the price of groceries. Because five bags had cost him $25!
2. But after a while, we noticed that our main staples (food, etc.) were costing us more and more. And then we demanded more raises from our employers.
3. So, this caused a never-ending spiral upwards! That could have been avoided, if only mankind hadn’t become a seeker of wealth.
Philip J. Wilson
From the Dec. 18-24, 2013, issue