- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Inflation is greed
1. I remember when I was about 10 years old and how my dad was complaining about the price of groceries. Because five bags had cost him $25!
2. But after a while, we noticed that our main staples (food, etc.) were costing us more and more. And then we demanded more raises from our employers.
3. So, this caused a never-ending spiral upwards! That could have been avoided, if only mankind hadn’t become a seeker of wealth.
Philip J. Wilson
From the Dec. 18-24, 2013, issue