- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
- Susan Johnson: Saying goodbye to a career
- Super Bowl XLIX prediction: Seahawks will top Patriots
- Sinnissippi Park improvements announced
- Rockford Park District recognized at Illinois Park and Recreation Association Conference
- Man gets natural life in prison for September 2011 murder
- Meet John Doe: Remember the crew of the space shuttle ‘Challenger’
- Tech-Friendly: Update your Adobe Flash Player today
Inflation is greed
1. I remember when I was about 10 years old and how my dad was complaining about the price of groceries. Because five bags had cost him $25!
2. But after a while, we noticed that our main staples (food, etc.) were costing us more and more. And then we demanded more raises from our employers.
3. So, this caused a never-ending spiral upwards! That could have been avoided, if only mankind hadn’t become a seeker of wealth.
Philip J. Wilson
From the Dec. 18-24, 2013, issue