- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Junior League of Rockford fund-raiser offers inspiration for your home
The Junior League of Rockford, Inc., will hold its annual fund-raiser, Unique Spaces Home Tour, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday and Sunday, April 26-27, 2014.
The fund-raiser is a self-guided tour of approximately eight local homes recently renovated or redecorated featuring the latest trends in home décor.
Cost for a ticket is $20 in advance and $25 the day of the event. Tickets will go on sale one month prior to the event. More information regarding ticket outlets and sales will be available in January 2014. All proceeds from the event benefit the programs and projects of the Junior League.
The Junior League self-guided tour promises to provide attendees with great ideas for their homes, innovative solutions for design challenges, and a chance to meet some of the professionals and homeowners who helped make these spaces come to life.
Each of the homes features something completely different. Whether designed by professionals or a complete DIY (do-it-yourself) project done by the homeowners, each home will have something unique to offer. The homes will appeal to a range of tastes, from traditional to boho chic.
In addition to viewing the latest home-decorating trends, attendees will also find a boutique in the garage of two of the homes with various vendors offering products for purchase. Merchants interested in participating should contact the Junior League office at (815) 399-4518.
A vital part of the Rockford community for 83 years, the Junior League of Rockford, Inc., is a nonprofit organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Past community projects include Ken-Rock Community Center, Discovery Center Museum and Rock River Discovery Park, Domestic Violence Assistance Center, CASA, Stepping Stones, MAYA’s House and RAISE (Reaching and Inspiring Students for Education), and Girls on Their Way Leadership Mentoring Program.
Junior League of Rockford’s current project is Food Cents. The goals for this project are as follow:
1. To lessen the consequence of chronic childhood hunger to low-income elementary school children;
2. To educate and empower low-income elementary school families with skills, knowledge, and confidence to prepare healthy and affordable meals; and
3. To educate low-income elementary school children on healthy food choices and healthy lifestyles.
The Junior League of Rockford is a member of the Association of Junior Leagues International. For more information, visit www.jlrockford.org.
From the Dec. 18-24, 2013, issue