- Former NIU QB Harnish signed to Vikings practice squad
- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
- Award-winning author Dr. Amina Gautier at Rock Valley Sept. 25
- City to remove traffic lights
- Apple orchards still hurting from last winter’s cold
Local nurse named Pain Resource Nurse of the Year
Shirley Tanuyan, pain resource nurse at OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center in Rockford, was honored with the Pain Resource Nurse of the Year Award by the Northern Illinois Pain Resource Consortium. The award was presented to Tanuyan Nov. 6 at the Northern Illinois Pain Resource Consortium annual Education/Celebration Day at Giovanni’s.
Tanuyan has been a nurse at OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center for 16 years, serving in the Critical Care Center for nine years and as a pain resource nurse for five years. As an active member of the Pain Resource Nurse Sub-council at OSF Saint Anthony and the Pain Resource Nurse Committee within OSF HealthCare, Tanuyan is dedicated to advocacy for and education on appropriate pain management. She regularly participates in process improvement activities and policy review to optimize pain management within the OSF system and provides education to frontline and intensive care staff. She also serves as a mentor to new employees, students and colleagues on pain control and evidence-based methodologies.
Posted Dec. 18, 2013