- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
- Final City Market of the season Friday, Oct. 17
- Lee Hamilton: Viewing political corruption more broadly
Local nurse named Pain Resource Nurse of the Year
Shirley Tanuyan, pain resource nurse at OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center in Rockford, was honored with the Pain Resource Nurse of the Year Award by the Northern Illinois Pain Resource Consortium. The award was presented to Tanuyan Nov. 6 at the Northern Illinois Pain Resource Consortium annual Education/Celebration Day at Giovanni’s.
Tanuyan has been a nurse at OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center for 16 years, serving in the Critical Care Center for nine years and as a pain resource nurse for five years. As an active member of the Pain Resource Nurse Sub-council at OSF Saint Anthony and the Pain Resource Nurse Committee within OSF HealthCare, Tanuyan is dedicated to advocacy for and education on appropriate pain management. She regularly participates in process improvement activities and policy review to optimize pain management within the OSF system and provides education to frontline and intensive care staff. She also serves as a mentor to new employees, students and colleagues on pain control and evidence-based methodologies.
Posted Dec. 18, 2013