- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Local nurse named Pain Resource Nurse of the Year
Shirley Tanuyan, pain resource nurse at OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center in Rockford, was honored with the Pain Resource Nurse of the Year Award by the Northern Illinois Pain Resource Consortium. The award was presented to Tanuyan Nov. 6 at the Northern Illinois Pain Resource Consortium annual Education/Celebration Day at Giovanni’s.
Tanuyan has been a nurse at OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center for 16 years, serving in the Critical Care Center for nine years and as a pain resource nurse for five years. As an active member of the Pain Resource Nurse Sub-council at OSF Saint Anthony and the Pain Resource Nurse Committee within OSF HealthCare, Tanuyan is dedicated to advocacy for and education on appropriate pain management. She regularly participates in process improvement activities and policy review to optimize pain management within the OSF system and provides education to frontline and intensive care staff. She also serves as a mentor to new employees, students and colleagues on pain control and evidence-based methodologies.
Posted Dec. 18, 2013