- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Local nurse named Pain Resource Nurse of the Year
Shirley Tanuyan, pain resource nurse at OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center in Rockford, was honored with the Pain Resource Nurse of the Year Award by the Northern Illinois Pain Resource Consortium. The award was presented to Tanuyan Nov. 6 at the Northern Illinois Pain Resource Consortium annual Education/Celebration Day at Giovanni’s.
Tanuyan has been a nurse at OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center for 16 years, serving in the Critical Care Center for nine years and as a pain resource nurse for five years. As an active member of the Pain Resource Nurse Sub-council at OSF Saint Anthony and the Pain Resource Nurse Committee within OSF HealthCare, Tanuyan is dedicated to advocacy for and education on appropriate pain management. She regularly participates in process improvement activities and policy review to optimize pain management within the OSF system and provides education to frontline and intensive care staff. She also serves as a mentor to new employees, students and colleagues on pain control and evidence-based methodologies.
Posted Dec. 18, 2013