- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
- Award-winning author Dr. Amina Gautier at Rock Valley Sept. 25
- City to remove traffic lights
- Apple orchards still hurting from last winter’s cold
- Photos: North America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment at Rockford’s Midway Village
‘No Boundaries’ day of fine arts experiences for people with disabilities Dec. 21
Rockford Art Museum (RAM) presents No Boundaries, a day of fine arts experiences for people of all ages with disabilities, from noon to 4 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 21, inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. Free admission, families welcome. No registration required. Partners include Rockford Park District and Rockford Dance Company.
This free event features a special performance at noon by Chance to Dance, a Rockford Park District and Rockford Dance Company dance program for youth with disabilities.
Activities begin at 1 p.m., and are designed for visitors of all ages and abilities. These include Through the Ages: 100 Years of RAM art exhibition at RAM; hands-on art projects with The Arc, Discovery Center Museum, Easter Seals Autism Therapeutic School, Rockford Park District Arts For All, Milestone and RAM; a musical instrument “petting zoo”; dance workshops with Rockford Dance Company; and theater workshops (“Be an Actor or an Actress: Put Yourself on Stage”). Participating organizations include RAM, Rockford Park District and its Therapeutic Recreation Department, Rockford Dance Company, The Arc, AgeQuake Theatre, Discovery Center Museum, Easter Seals Autism Therapeutic School, Northland Association of Special Recreation (NASR) and Rick Zillhart & Friends.
For details, contact Stacey LaRosa at RAM, (815) 972-2874 or firstname.lastname@example.org; or Jordan McDonald at RPD, (815) 987-1609 or email@example.com. This event takes place during the centennial exhibition of the RAM Permanent Collection, Through the Ages: 100 Years of RAM, on view through Jan. 26 at RAM.
From the Dec. 18-24, 2013, issue