- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
‘No Boundaries’ day of fine arts experiences for people with disabilities Dec. 21
Rockford Art Museum (RAM) presents No Boundaries, a day of fine arts experiences for people of all ages with disabilities, from noon to 4 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 21, inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. Free admission, families welcome. No registration required. Partners include Rockford Park District and Rockford Dance Company.
This free event features a special performance at noon by Chance to Dance, a Rockford Park District and Rockford Dance Company dance program for youth with disabilities.
Activities begin at 1 p.m., and are designed for visitors of all ages and abilities. These include Through the Ages: 100 Years of RAM art exhibition at RAM; hands-on art projects with The Arc, Discovery Center Museum, Easter Seals Autism Therapeutic School, Rockford Park District Arts For All, Milestone and RAM; a musical instrument “petting zoo”; dance workshops with Rockford Dance Company; and theater workshops (“Be an Actor or an Actress: Put Yourself on Stage”). Participating organizations include RAM, Rockford Park District and its Therapeutic Recreation Department, Rockford Dance Company, The Arc, AgeQuake Theatre, Discovery Center Museum, Easter Seals Autism Therapeutic School, Northland Association of Special Recreation (NASR) and Rick Zillhart & Friends.
For details, contact Stacey LaRosa at RAM, (815) 972-2874 or email@example.com; or Jordan McDonald at RPD, (815) 987-1609 or firstname.lastname@example.org. This event takes place during the centennial exhibition of the RAM Permanent Collection, Through the Ages: 100 Years of RAM, on view through Jan. 26 at RAM.
From the Dec. 18-24, 2013, issue