- Riverside Community Bank announces merger
- Rockford Public Library announces choice for new director
- 27 businesses penalized for selling alcohol to minors
- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
Smartphones, tablets, accessories are among holiday gifts available
By U.S. Cellular
Are you struggling to come up with a holiday gift? Cellphones and their accessories are far from lumps of coal, and there are many options for a variety of budgets. After all, there will be more mobile devices on Earth than people by the end of this year, according to Cisco’s Visual Networking Index Global Mobile Data Traffic Forecast Update.
“Bluetooth headsets, car chargers, colorful cases or a new smartphone, make great gifts to help families and friends stay connected through calls, e-mails, texts, video chatting and social media,” said Laurie Poellinger, director of sales in northern Illinois. “U.S. Cellular has a variety of Apple and Android products sure to put a smile on the face of whoever receives them.”
U.S. Cellular recommends the following gift ideas to help you stay on budget for the holidays:
• Under $25 — Accessories are essential for your smartphone or tablet. A case, shell, skin or travel charger makes a great stocking stuffer, such as a LS Jewel Gel Skin Case.
• Under $50 — You can give someone the peace of mind of a home phone with the U.S. Cellular Home Phone service. The device is free and easy to set up with any corded or cordless telephone. Your loved ones can have unlimited nationwide calling for $19.99 per month with no Internet connection required.
• Under $100 — Pick up the convenience of a Bluetooth headset, which has no wires or cords — just pure sound for both phone calls and music playing. Bluetooth headsets like the Plantronics Voyager allow you to pause music for incoming calls.
• Under $200 — The device at the top of many people’s wish list is iPhone 5S, and it is easy to see why. It is $199 and has access to thousands of free apps. Also, if you don’t want to spend $199 for this one, you can gift iPhone 5C for $99 or iPhone 4S for free.
4G LTE service provided through King Street Wireless, a partner of U.S. Cellular. LTE is a trademark of ETSI.
From the Dec. 18-24, 2013, issue