- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Beloit Janesville Symphony fund-raising campaign under way
The Beloit Janesville Symphony has kicked off its annual fund-raising appeal. The community has supported the Beloit Janesville Symphony in the past, and that support has ensured thousands are not only entertained, but also educated about the arts. Programs such as the nationally recognized “Composing Kids” and “Simply Symphony” as well as an annual student concerto competition exist because of the generous support from the community.
“The fund-raising goal is $40,000, and we’re excited to announce that we’ve been presented with a Challenge Gift of $15,000,” said Executive Director Michael Krueger. “When the orchestra reaches $15,000 in personal contributions, that same amount will be gifted to the symphony. Your personal contribution will allow the symphony to maintain the high standards that created our legacy and to provide diverse programs and activities.”
The Beloit Janesville Symphony is celebrating 60 years of beautiful music and more, and is proud to contribute to the cultural life of the community.
“New programming will integrate popular forms of art with the artistic brilliance that patrons of the symphony have come to expect,” Krueger added.
Donations can be made over the phone by calling (608) 313-1200, online at www.beloitjanesvillesymphony.org or sent by mail to: 444 E. Grand Ave., Suite 100, Beloit, WI 53511. The Annual Appeal will run through January 2014. Donors at all levels will be recognized in each of the season’s concert programs.
From the Dec. 25-31, 2013, issue