- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
Convention & Visitors Bureau hires new managers
The Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau (RACVB) has hired new managers in both the Sales and Marketing departments. Both are responsible for generating significant numbers in the tourism industry, which leads to an increase in overall economic development for the region.
Greta Spencer has been hired to fill the vacant sales manager position. She joins the rest of the RACVB sales team in promoting the Rockford region to groups, events and tournaments. Spencer will focus primarily on bringing the Rockford region new groups in the social, military, educational, religious and fraternal markets.
Spencer has a background in sales and hospitality. She spent the past three years in multiple sales and operations management positions with ULTA Beauty in Rockford and Madison, Wis. Prior to that, she was with Marriot International as an assistant general manager at properties in Rockford and Champaign, Ill. Spencer graduated with a bachelor of arts in sociology degree and a minor in global studies from Millikin University in Decatur, Ill.
Andrea Mandala has been hired by the RACVB to fulfill the marketing and communications manager position. She will help to propel the Rockford region to destination status through marketing, advertising, public relations and community involvement. Mandala’s focus is to communicate the benefits of staying in the Rockford region, while promoting the variety of sites and attractions and their positive economic impact.
Mandala has more than 13 years of managerial experience in both the retail and service industries and more than five years of experience with marketing, advertising and event implementation. Her most recent position was working for Orput Companies, Inc., a local family-owned business in Rockford. Mandala graduated from Northern Illinois University with a bachelor of science, majoring in textiles, apparel and merchandising.
From the Dec. 25-31, 2013, issue