- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
Lifescape offers caregiver support classes starting Jan. 16
Lifescape Community Services and Grace United Methodist Church, 3555 McFarland Road, Rockford, are hosting a series of caregiver support classes beginning in January.
If, as a caregiver, you’re feeling stressed and overwhelmed, frustrated, unappreciated or alone, this free six-week class is designed to help.
The class is for those caring for aging or disabled loved ones to help reduce stress, improve communication, balance care-giving and self-care, make difficult decisions and locate local resources.
The class will begin Jan. 16, 2014, and will run every third Thursday. The class runs from 6:30 to 8 p.m. The class is free, but registration is required. Contact Cheryl Davis at Lifescape Community Services, (815) 963-1609, to register and for more information.
From the Dec. 25-31, 2013, issue