- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
Lifescape offers caregiver support classes starting Jan. 16
Lifescape Community Services and Grace United Methodist Church, 3555 McFarland Road, Rockford, are hosting a series of caregiver support classes beginning in January.
If, as a caregiver, you’re feeling stressed and overwhelmed, frustrated, unappreciated or alone, this free six-week class is designed to help.
The class is for those caring for aging or disabled loved ones to help reduce stress, improve communication, balance care-giving and self-care, make difficult decisions and locate local resources.
The class will begin Jan. 16, 2014, and will run every third Thursday. The class runs from 6:30 to 8 p.m. The class is free, but registration is required. Contact Cheryl Davis at Lifescape Community Services, (815) 963-1609, to register and for more information.
From the Dec. 25-31, 2013, issue