- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Country Thunder headliners announced
TWIN LAKES, Wis. — Country Thunder is preparing for a massive musical onslaught from July 24-27, 2014. Country music fans will two-step the night away with Jason Aldean, reigning ACM “Male Vocalist of the Year.” Aldean brings the power to the party wherever he performs. Alongside powerhouse Aldean is four-time and current ACM and CMA Female Vocalist of the Year Miranda Lambert. With her massive catalogue of hits, her high-energy show and her fiery personality, fans will come to see the real face of new country music.
But that’s not all. 2013 ACM Top New Male Artist Brantley Gilbert is also coming to this party. The outlaw country boy who’s also a bit of a heartthrob, is the real deal, delivering the hits that he’s written for others, and a set of tunes that will raise the temperature through the roof in Twin Lakes, Wis., in July.
Joining these three powerhouses are some names everyone will know. The festival site will become a massive sing-along when the likes of Gary Allan, Sawyer Brown, Craig Morgan, Mark Chesnutt, Joe Diffie and the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band hit the stage.
Joining these legendary acts are some of the hottest artists up-and-coming in country music. Enter Colt Ford, Charlie Worsham, Will Hoge and Chad Brownlee, and you’ve got the makings of an epic weekend of country music. The following acts have also been announced for this year’s Country Thunder: Thompson Square, Eli Young Band, Randy Houser and Thomas Rhett.
“We feel it’s important to get the right mix of talent every year,” said Troy Vollhoffer, executive producer. “We think we’ve gotten it right yet again.”
Four-day passes are available for $160. Visit www.countrythunder.com or call 866-802-6418 to purchase tickets or for more information. Also, receive CT updates directly to your mobile phone by texting WISCONSIN to 74455. Like the event on Facebook at facebook.com/countrythunderusa and follow it on Twitter at twitter.com/countrythunder.
Country Thunder Wisconsin fans travel in droves to Twin Lakes, Wis., for the premier country music and lifestyles event. In addition to award-winning music featuring the hottest acts from yesterday and today, patrons enjoy tasty food and beverages, shopping, thrill rides, camping and more. Electronic Thunder, featuring DJs spinning country, red dirt and rock and giving it an EDM/club twist, offers late-night entertainment to festival-goers.
From the Jan. 1-6, 2014, issue