- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Country Thunder headliners announced
TWIN LAKES, Wis. — Country Thunder is preparing for a massive musical onslaught from July 24-27, 2014. Country music fans will two-step the night away with Jason Aldean, reigning ACM “Male Vocalist of the Year.” Aldean brings the power to the party wherever he performs. Alongside powerhouse Aldean is four-time and current ACM and CMA Female Vocalist of the Year Miranda Lambert. With her massive catalogue of hits, her high-energy show and her fiery personality, fans will come to see the real face of new country music.
But that’s not all. 2013 ACM Top New Male Artist Brantley Gilbert is also coming to this party. The outlaw country boy who’s also a bit of a heartthrob, is the real deal, delivering the hits that he’s written for others, and a set of tunes that will raise the temperature through the roof in Twin Lakes, Wis., in July.
Joining these three powerhouses are some names everyone will know. The festival site will become a massive sing-along when the likes of Gary Allan, Sawyer Brown, Craig Morgan, Mark Chesnutt, Joe Diffie and the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band hit the stage.
Joining these legendary acts are some of the hottest artists up-and-coming in country music. Enter Colt Ford, Charlie Worsham, Will Hoge and Chad Brownlee, and you’ve got the makings of an epic weekend of country music. The following acts have also been announced for this year’s Country Thunder: Thompson Square, Eli Young Band, Randy Houser and Thomas Rhett.
“We feel it’s important to get the right mix of talent every year,” said Troy Vollhoffer, executive producer. “We think we’ve gotten it right yet again.”
Four-day passes are available for $160. Visit www.countrythunder.com or call 866-802-6418 to purchase tickets or for more information. Also, receive CT updates directly to your mobile phone by texting WISCONSIN to 74455. Like the event on Facebook at facebook.com/countrythunderusa and follow it on Twitter at twitter.com/countrythunder.
Country Thunder Wisconsin fans travel in droves to Twin Lakes, Wis., for the premier country music and lifestyles event. In addition to award-winning music featuring the hottest acts from yesterday and today, patrons enjoy tasty food and beverages, shopping, thrill rides, camping and more. Electronic Thunder, featuring DJs spinning country, red dirt and rock and giving it an EDM/club twist, offers late-night entertainment to festival-goers.
From the Jan. 1-6, 2014, issue