- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
- ‘Hogs fall just shy of Midwest title
- Fork and Stein Urban Gourmet delivers beer infused delicacies to Rockford
YMCA offers ‘$0 Joiner Fee’ throughout January
When dealing with life’s daily demands, people need a place to go where they can feel supported and receive help in trying times. A place where adults can find life balance; children can reach their full potential; seniors can be active and find camaraderie; and families can connect and strengthen relationships.
By becoming involved with the YMCA of Rock River Valley, individuals have the opportunity to improve their health and well-being and connect with the community, all while participating in their favorite program or activity at the Y.
“The Y is a community that is dedicated to helping individuals achieve a balance of spirit, mind and body,” said Mike Brown, CEO and president, YMCA of Rock River Valley. “We encourage everyone to get involved by joining the Y, where they can take advantage of the resources and support to be healthy and connected.”
As a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the Y seeks to ensure everyone, regardless of age, income or background, has an opportunity to learn, grow and thrive. To help more people benefit from the Y, the YMCA of Rock River Valley is offering a “$0 Joiner Fee” all of January.
The YMCA of Rock River Valley offers a variety of programs to help achieve greater health and well-being, nurture youth and inspire individuals to give back to better their community. Try something new with a scuba class, join the unlimited group exercise classes, enroll your child in a music class, or connect to the web on the new state-of-the-art cardio equipment.
To learn more about the YMCA of Rock River Valley, visit any of the Y’s locations or call (815) 489-1252. Visit rockriveryca.org.
From the Jan. 1-6, 2014, issue