- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Rockford native Natasha Leggero joins cast of NBC’s ‘New Year’s Eve with Carson Daly’
By Jim Hagerty
Stateline residents who plan to ring in 2014 near a television Tuesday night, Dec. 31, can watch Rockford native, comedian Natasha Leggero, as she joins this year’s cast of NBC’s New Year’s Eve with Carson Daly in New York.
Leggero is known for scores of TV appearances including roles on Arrested Development, Comedy Central Roasts and several slots on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno and Chelsea Lately.
The Rockford East High graduate earned a degree in theater criticism from Hunter College in Manhattan and has also enjoyed a successful standup career that spawned the 2011 comedy album, Coke Money.
Fellow Illinoisan Jane Lynch (Hollywood Game Night, The 40-Year-Old Virgin, Glee, etc.) will co-host the show. Other guests include Anthony Anderson (NYPD Blue, The Departed, Treme) Blake Shelton and Mariah Carey.
Carey has sold more than 200 million albums worldwide, including Daydream, Butterfly and Music Box. Her fourteenth studio release, the upcoming The Art of Letting Go, has already produced a top-five single, “#Beautiful.”
Blake Shelton, a coach on NBC’s The Voice, is riding the wave of two recent No. 1 singles, “Boys ‘Round Here,” and “Mine Would Be You,” in addition to recent CMA Awards for Male Vocalist of the Year and Album of the Year.
New Year’s Eve with Carson Daly airs live beginning at 9 p.m. CST.
Posted Dec. 31, 2013