- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
Rockford native Natasha Leggero joins cast of NBC’s ‘New Year’s Eve with Carson Daly’
By Jim Hagerty
Stateline residents who plan to ring in 2014 near a television Tuesday night, Dec. 31, can watch Rockford native, comedian Natasha Leggero, as she joins this year’s cast of NBC’s New Year’s Eve with Carson Daly in New York.
Leggero is known for scores of TV appearances including roles on Arrested Development, Comedy Central Roasts and several slots on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno and Chelsea Lately.
The Rockford East High graduate earned a degree in theater criticism from Hunter College in Manhattan and has also enjoyed a successful standup career that spawned the 2011 comedy album, Coke Money.
Fellow Illinoisan Jane Lynch (Hollywood Game Night, The 40-Year-Old Virgin, Glee, etc.) will co-host the show. Other guests include Anthony Anderson (NYPD Blue, The Departed, Treme) Blake Shelton and Mariah Carey.
Carey has sold more than 200 million albums worldwide, including Daydream, Butterfly and Music Box. Her fourteenth studio release, the upcoming The Art of Letting Go, has already produced a top-five single, “#Beautiful.”
Blake Shelton, a coach on NBC’s The Voice, is riding the wave of two recent No. 1 singles, “Boys ‘Round Here,” and “Mine Would Be You,” in addition to recent CMA Awards for Male Vocalist of the Year and Album of the Year.
New Year’s Eve with Carson Daly airs live beginning at 9 p.m. CST.
Posted Dec. 31, 2013