- Obamacare: All eyes on high court
- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
Final weekend for ‘Build It! Make It!’ exhibition at Rockford’s Discovery Center
Online Staff Report
Don’t miss your final opportunity to experience the “Build It! Make It!” exhibition as Discovery Center visitors design, invent and construct whatever they can dream up!
This exhibition is a way for children and families to play with ideas, explore materials and tinker with tools. Closing weekend is Jan. 4-5.
Discovery Center has provided a myriad of building toys and materials, from LEGOs, K’Nex and Lincoln Logs, to cardboard and giant foam blocks. And that’s just the “Build It” side of this creative construction zone. Part of this exhibition space is also devoted to tinkering. The “Make It” areas provide opportunities for children of all ages to explore, invent, fix and construct using real materials and real tools.
Home Depot will conduct a drop-in workshop at Discovery Center from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 4. Home Depot Workshops are included with admission to the exhibit … free for members and $10 for the public (includes Discovery Center general admission). No workshop registrations will be taken; projects are on a first come, first serve basis.
Discovery Center Museum is a non-profit organization providing hands-on math, science and art experiences for all ages with more than 250 hand-on exhibits. The museum is ranked the No. 4 children’s museum in the nation by Child magazine and one of 12 museums included in Forbes.com’s article, “The 12 Best Children’s Museums in the U.S.”
Discovery Center is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. General admission to the museum is $8 adults, $8 children (ages 2-17) and free to museum members and children age 1 and younger. Hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., daily. For additional information, call (815) 963-6769 or visit www.discoverycentermuseum.org.
Posted Jan. 3, 2014