- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
- Final City Market of the season Friday, Oct. 17
- Lee Hamilton: Viewing political corruption more broadly
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 19 for 69th presentation of Handel’s ‘Messiah’
- Amenti Haunted House opens Oct. 17 at DeKalb’s Egyptian Theatre
No garbage collection in Rockford Jan. 6 because of extreme cold, plus list of warming centers
Online Staff Report
Garbage collection in the city of Rockford scheduled for Monday, Jan. 6, has been suspended as a result of extreme cold temperatures.
Collection is scheduled to resume Tuesday, Jan. 7, with residents’ regular collection day being delayed one day throughout the remainder of the week.
Christmas trees may be placed for disposal along with the normal refuse starting this week and continuing until Thursday, Jan. 30. Residents are reminded to remove all decorations and lighting.
Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful (KNIB) will again be conducting its annual Christmas Tree Recycling effort at 13 locations throughout Winnebago County from Jan. 15 to Jan. 30. For further information, visit www.KNIB.org or call at (815) 637-1343.
The forecast in Rockford for the remainder of the week is as follows:
• Monday — High: -11; Low: -20;
• Tuesday — High: 5; Low: -9;
• Wednesday — High: 9; Low: -4;
• Thursday — High: 22; Low: 19; and
• Friday — High: 36; Low: 33; with ice pellets.
Posted Jan. 6, 2014