- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
No garbage collection in Rockford Jan. 6 because of extreme cold, plus list of warming centers
Online Staff Report
Garbage collection in the city of Rockford scheduled for Monday, Jan. 6, has been suspended as a result of extreme cold temperatures.
Collection is scheduled to resume Tuesday, Jan. 7, with residents’ regular collection day being delayed one day throughout the remainder of the week.
Christmas trees may be placed for disposal along with the normal refuse starting this week and continuing until Thursday, Jan. 30. Residents are reminded to remove all decorations and lighting.
Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful (KNIB) will again be conducting its annual Christmas Tree Recycling effort at 13 locations throughout Winnebago County from Jan. 15 to Jan. 30. For further information, visit www.KNIB.org or call at (815) 637-1343.
The forecast in Rockford for the remainder of the week is as follows:
• Monday — High: -11; Low: -20;
• Tuesday — High: 5; Low: -9;
• Wednesday — High: 9; Low: -4;
• Thursday — High: 22; Low: 19; and
• Friday — High: 36; Low: 33; with ice pellets.
Posted Jan. 6, 2014