- Letter: AP courses do not replace Running Start
- Cubs bullpen making waves as offense wanes
- Wired Cafe marks 5 years downtown
- TRRT Online Edition | July 8-14
- Most state workers pay frozen
- AG’s, comptroller’s offices to meet in court Tuesday
- Comptroller: state payroll system antiquated
- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
No garbage collection in Rockford Jan. 6 because of extreme cold, plus list of warming centers
Online Staff Report
Garbage collection in the city of Rockford scheduled for Monday, Jan. 6, has been suspended as a result of extreme cold temperatures.
Collection is scheduled to resume Tuesday, Jan. 7, with residents’ regular collection day being delayed one day throughout the remainder of the week.
Christmas trees may be placed for disposal along with the normal refuse starting this week and continuing until Thursday, Jan. 30. Residents are reminded to remove all decorations and lighting.
Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful (KNIB) will again be conducting its annual Christmas Tree Recycling effort at 13 locations throughout Winnebago County from Jan. 15 to Jan. 30. For further information, visit www.KNIB.org or call at (815) 637-1343.
The forecast in Rockford for the remainder of the week is as follows:
• Monday — High: -11; Low: -20;
• Tuesday — High: 5; Low: -9;
• Wednesday — High: 9; Low: -4;
• Thursday — High: 22; Low: 19; and
• Friday — High: 36; Low: 33; with ice pellets.
Posted Jan. 6, 2014