- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Beloit woman arrested for leaving kids in frigid car
By Jim Hagerty
A Beloit, Wis., woman faces criminal charges for allegedly leaving her kids inside her car while she shopped at Walmart Monday, Jan. 6.
Codi Davis, 23, was arrested Monday evening, after an officer was flagged down by a witness, who claimed Davis exited her Subaru, leaving the children, ages 18 months and 5, inside before walking into the store.
The officer quickly approached the car and asked the older child to unlock the door, police said.
As the officer pleaded with the child, Davis arrived at the scene, where she was taken into custody at around 7:30 p.m.
Police say the children were left in the vehicle for approximately 10 minutes. Each was examined by Beloit Fire paramedics before briefly being placed in the custody of Child Protective Services. The children were then released to a family member.
No injuries were reported.
Davis has been charged with two counts of misdemeanor child neglect. She was released on bond and ordered to appear in court Tuesday, Jan. 7.
At the time of the incident, the temperature in Beloit was 12 below zero with a wind chill index of minus 34.
Posted Jan. 7, 2014