- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
- Susan Johnson: Saying goodbye to a career
- Super Bowl XLIX prediction: Seahawks will top Patriots
- Sinnissippi Park improvements announced
- Rockford Park District recognized at Illinois Park and Recreation Association Conference
- Man gets natural life in prison for September 2011 murder
- Meet John Doe: Remember the crew of the space shuttle ‘Challenger’
- Tech-Friendly: Update your Adobe Flash Player today
$230,000 in new cardio equipment at Northeast Family YMCA
LOVES PARK, Ill. — The YMCA of Rock River Valley is ringing in the new year with new state-of-the-art cardio equipment at the Northeast Family YMCA, 8451 Orth Road, Loves Park, Ill.
The Y invested $230,000 in 40 new pieces of equipment, and the equipment arrived just in time for Rockford-area residents to get in shape in 2014.
Losing weight is at the top of the list for New Year’s resolutions in 2014, and not far behind at No. 5 on the list is staying fit and healthy.
Y members can take on the challenge of getting and staying fit with top-of-the-line equipment. The new equipment includes treadmills, ellipticals, recumbent bikes, upright bikes, rowers, incline trainers and cross trainers. Thirty of the new cardio machines feature the latest in technology with Internet connectivity, iPad and iPhone docking stations and touch screens.
“We understand people are extremely busy, and finding time to exercise can be challenging,” said Melissa Burns, YMCA wellness director. “For those who want to multi-task, our equipment will allow them to stay connected while pursuing a healthy lifestyle.”
The YMCA is committed to reinvesting funds back into its facilities in an effort to provide members an atmosphere where they can maintain a balanced spirit, mind and body. Other recent improvements at the I.D. Pennock Family YMCA include new lighting, paint, renovated girls’ locker room and new youth interactive center.
To learn more about the YMCA of Rock River Valley and its January no joiner fee special, visit http://www.rockriverymca.org/membership/join/.
The YMCA of Rock River Valley is a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Y serves 35,000 people through seven area branches and is one of the largest nonprofit employers in the greater Rockford area, with more than 600 full- and part-time staff. To learn more about the Y, visit www.rockriverymca.org or www.facebook.com/theyinrockford.
Posted Jan. 8, 2014