- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
In Youth We Trust grant applications due Jan. 13
Applications for the spring 2014 cycle of the In Youth We Trust Grant Program are now available, the Community Foundation of Northern Illinois has announced.
Youth groups, clubs and organizations from Boone, Ogle, Stephenson, and Winnebago counties can apply for up to $2,500 from the In Youth We Trust Grant Program to fund their youth-inspired, youth-led community service projects.
Possible projects include, but are not limited to: anti-bullying, assistance for homeless children, cultural awareness, environmental, intergenerational, mentorship, peer mediation, school beautification, violence prevention, youth leadership and youth literacy projects.
For more information or to apply, visit http://cfnil.org/apply/grant-programs/in-youth-we-trust/. Spring 2014 grant applications must be submitted online by 5 p.m., Monday, Jan. 13, 2014.
In Youth We Trust is a youth philanthropy program of the Community Foundation of Northern Illinois. Established with a grant from the Ford Foundation in 1994, and endowed by a local donor, this program teaches grant-making and leadership skills to today’s youth, preparing them to be the positive change of tomorrow. Contact Laura Schweitzer, grants and scholarships associate, at (815) 962-2110, ext. 17, for more details.
The Community Foundation’s mission is to attract, grow and preserve a permanent endowment for the immediate and future needs of the people of northern Illinois. The foundation is the area’s largest provider of grants and scholarships.
Posted Jan. 8, 2014