- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
January is National Blood Donor Month
The Rock River Valley Blood Center (RRVBC) applauds the thousands of individuals who give the gift of life each year through blood donation.
January is National Blood Donor Month, a time to pay tribute to the lifesaving gifts provided by dedicated, volunteer blood donors.
“Our community has a tremendous debt of gratitude to the blood donors that regularly give blood to make sure patients at area hospitals are able to receive the best care possible,” said Jennifer Bowman, PR/marketing manager, RRVBC. “We continue to see a need for blood donors with negative blood types and donors interested in donating platelets. While it’s important to find new blood donors, it’s imperative that we recognize those that have done so until this point also. They are the heroes in our community.”
The RRVBC serves as a centralized, community blood center and is the only provider of blood products and services to Beloit Health System, Edgerton Hospital and Health Services, FHN, OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center, Rochelle Community Hospital, Rockford Health System, SwedishAmerican Health System and SwedishAmerican Medical Center — Belvidere. For more information or to make an appointment to donate blood, call toll-free at 877-RRVBC-99 or find RRVBC on the web at www.rrvbc.org.
RRVBC hours and locations are as follow:
• Headquarters and Downtown Donor Center, 419 N. Sixth St., Rockford — 6:30 a.m.-6 p.m., Monday-Thursday; 6:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Friday; and 7 to 11 a.m., Saturday;
• Belvidere Donor Center, 1740 S. State St., Belvidere, Ill. — 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Tuesday; 11 a.m.-6 p.m., Wednesday-Thursday; 8 a.m.-1 p.m., Friday; and 7-11 a.m. the second Saturday of each month;
• Freeport Donor Center, 461 E. South St., Freeport, Ill. — 9 a.m.-6 p.m., Monday-Tuesday; 7 a.m.-2 p.m., Thursday-Friday; and 7-11 a.m., the second Saturday of each month; and
• Perryville Donor Center, 3065 N. Perryville Road, Rockford — 6:30 a.m.-7 p.m., Monday-Thursday; 7 a.m.-1 p.m., Friday; and 7 a.m.-1 p.m., Saturday.
From the Jan. 8-14, 2014, issue