- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
RVC President Becherer to depart Jan. 10, interim president named
The Rock Valley College (RVC) Board of Trustees has announced the college’s president, Dr. Jack Becherer, will depart the college effective Jan. 10, 2014.
Michael Mastroianni will serve as the interim president of the college. Mastroianni has been with RVC since 1998, serving in the roles of director, dean and most recently as vice president of career and technical education. His recent responsibilities have also included expansion of a variety of programs and partnerships in business and industry.
A lifelong resident of Rockford, Mastroianni has a long tenure with RVC, and has been a classroom teacher, mediator, and a member of many community and business boards, including: the Rockford Chamber of Commerce; Family Counseling Services; Fabricators and Manufacturers Association Management Council; Entrepreneurship Center; Rockford Health Council; Rockford Area Ventures; Goodwill Industries; and the Rockford Arts Council.
“The knowledge, history and reputation that Mike brings not only to the college community, but also to regional partnerships, is invaluable for maintaining our strong momentum,” said Mike Dunn, Jr., RVC Board chairman. “His relationships with faculty and staff, as well as key partners such as Woodward and Chrysler, and experience with prior accreditation visits will have us ideally positioned during this time of transition.”
From the Jan. 8-14, 2014, issue