- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
‘Secret Rockford’ contributors revealed
Secret Rockford, a new anthology written by and for Rockfordians, is nearing its date of release. Eighteen of the most interesting articles and short stories submitted to the publisher have been chosen. Topics range from the meteor buried under East High School, to the Simon Peter Nelson murders, the struggle over Rockford’s abortion clinic, the skydiving Santa tragedy, and much more.
Contributors to the anthology come from all walks of life. They are journalists, teachers, writers, photographers, politicians, or just average citizens who are being published for the first time. All have a deep and abiding interest in their community.
Contributors include Jeff Havens, Brandon Reid, Kathi Kresol, Jim Phelps, Kevin Rilott, Dan Creviston, Ted Biondo, D.B. Lane, Ernie Fuhr, Heath Alberts, Nicole Lindsay, Stanley Campbell, Karen Mahieu Lyddon, Scott Farrell, Jami Beck and Michael Kleen.
Secret Rockford will be published by Black Oak Media, Inc., and released in late January 2014. The anthology will feature nonfiction articles, short stories, poetry, artwork and photography revealing the hidden side of life in the Forest City.
Submissions will go behind the headlines and explore the interesting people, places and events that make the city unique. Secret Rockford will expose the unconventional, gritty and sometimes shocking truth.
For more about the project, visit http://www.secretrockford.com or https://www.facebook.com/secretrockford.
From the Jan. 8-14, 2014, issue