- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
- TRRT March 25-31 | Online Edition
- State Roundup: Plaintiffs join Rauner on fair share case
‘Secret Rockford’ contributors revealed
Secret Rockford, a new anthology written by and for Rockfordians, is nearing its date of release. Eighteen of the most interesting articles and short stories submitted to the publisher have been chosen. Topics range from the meteor buried under East High School, to the Simon Peter Nelson murders, the struggle over Rockford’s abortion clinic, the skydiving Santa tragedy, and much more.
Contributors to the anthology come from all walks of life. They are journalists, teachers, writers, photographers, politicians, or just average citizens who are being published for the first time. All have a deep and abiding interest in their community.
Contributors include Jeff Havens, Brandon Reid, Kathi Kresol, Jim Phelps, Kevin Rilott, Dan Creviston, Ted Biondo, D.B. Lane, Ernie Fuhr, Heath Alberts, Nicole Lindsay, Stanley Campbell, Karen Mahieu Lyddon, Scott Farrell, Jami Beck and Michael Kleen.
Secret Rockford will be published by Black Oak Media, Inc., and released in late January 2014. The anthology will feature nonfiction articles, short stories, poetry, artwork and photography revealing the hidden side of life in the Forest City.
Submissions will go behind the headlines and explore the interesting people, places and events that make the city unique. Secret Rockford will expose the unconventional, gritty and sometimes shocking truth.
For more about the project, visit http://www.secretrockford.com or https://www.facebook.com/secretrockford.
From the Jan. 8-14, 2014, issue