- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Camerata Emanon in concert Jan. 18
Camerata Emanon, Rockford’s select chamber a cappella singers, will present the first performance of their 15th season, “Celebrating the Human Voice in Concert.” Experience expanded musical visions of shared human experiences. Be inspired by poetry settings in lush harmonies from 17th century Weelkes, through the more contemporary Lauridsen and Whitacre, to a recently-published 21st century work by award-winning Rockford native Jake Runestad. The concert is at 7:30 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 18, at the Unitarian Universalist Church, 4848 Turner St., Rockford. For tickets, call (815) 633-1785. Advance tickets are also available from chorus members, or if seats are still available, at the door. For additional information, phone (815) 397-5777.
From the Jan. 15-21, 2014, issue