- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Camerata Emanon in concert Jan. 18
Camerata Emanon, Rockford’s select chamber a cappella singers, will present the first performance of their 15th season, “Celebrating the Human Voice in Concert.” Experience expanded musical visions of shared human experiences. Be inspired by poetry settings in lush harmonies from 17th century Weelkes, through the more contemporary Lauridsen and Whitacre, to a recently-published 21st century work by award-winning Rockford native Jake Runestad. The concert is at 7:30 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 18, at the Unitarian Universalist Church, 4848 Turner St., Rockford. For tickets, call (815) 633-1785. Advance tickets are also available from chorus members, or if seats are still available, at the door. For additional information, phone (815) 397-5777.
From the Jan. 15-21, 2014, issue