- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
Camerata Emanon in concert Jan. 18
Camerata Emanon, Rockford’s select chamber a cappella singers, will present the first performance of their 15th season, “Celebrating the Human Voice in Concert.” Experience expanded musical visions of shared human experiences. Be inspired by poetry settings in lush harmonies from 17th century Weelkes, through the more contemporary Lauridsen and Whitacre, to a recently-published 21st century work by award-winning Rockford native Jake Runestad. The concert is at 7:30 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 18, at the Unitarian Universalist Church, 4848 Turner St., Rockford. For tickets, call (815) 633-1785. Advance tickets are also available from chorus members, or if seats are still available, at the door. For additional information, phone (815) 397-5777.
From the Jan. 15-21, 2014, issue