- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
- ‘Hogs fall just shy of Midwest title
- Fork and Stein Urban Gourmet delivers beer infused delicacies to Rockford
Camerata Emanon in concert Jan. 18
Camerata Emanon, Rockford’s select chamber a cappella singers, will present the first performance of their 15th season, “Celebrating the Human Voice in Concert.” Experience expanded musical visions of shared human experiences. Be inspired by poetry settings in lush harmonies from 17th century Weelkes, through the more contemporary Lauridsen and Whitacre, to a recently-published 21st century work by award-winning Rockford native Jake Runestad. The concert is at 7:30 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 18, at the Unitarian Universalist Church, 4848 Turner St., Rockford. For tickets, call (815) 633-1785. Advance tickets are also available from chorus members, or if seats are still available, at the door. For additional information, phone (815) 397-5777.
From the Jan. 15-21, 2014, issue