- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
‘Secret Rockford’ available for pre-order
With its official release date nearing, Secret Rockford is now available for pre-order.
What do you really know about Rockford? Secret Rockford, a new anthology from Black Oak Media, pulls back the curtain to reveal the hidden side of life in the Forest City. Join contributors to the anthology as they go behind the headlines to explore the interesting people, places and events that make our city unique.
Pre-orders of Secret Rockford will be accepted for one week between Jan. 13 and Jan. 20. Pre-orders will ship Friday, Jan. 24. After that, the book will be available in local retail stores, as well as Amazon.com and for Nook and Kindle e-readers. Secret Rockford will retail for $16.95.
Secret Rockford contains many snapshots of life in the Forest City, including a history of Mattison Machine Works; the battle over a mural in Roosevelt Middle School; the story of a simple basketball game with a shoeless youth; the truth about local connections to organized crime; infamous murders; and the day Santa Claus fell from the sky. All are merely a peek behind the curtain, but each contains meaningful truths about our Rockford experience.
Men and women from all walks of life have come together to share their stories in this anthology. They are journalists, teachers, writers, photographers, entrepreneurs or just average citizens who are being published for the first time. All have a deep and abiding interest in their community.
For information about how to pre-order Secret Rockford, visit http://www.secretrockford.com/pre-order.html.
From the Jan. 15-21, 2014, issue