- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
- Tube Talk: A bite out of the competition
- Rockford Rocked: A chat with local musician Tony Walker
- Drafts & Fare: Women brewers find more recognition in market
‘Secret Rockford’ available for pre-order
With its official release date nearing, Secret Rockford is now available for pre-order.
What do you really know about Rockford? Secret Rockford, a new anthology from Black Oak Media, pulls back the curtain to reveal the hidden side of life in the Forest City. Join contributors to the anthology as they go behind the headlines to explore the interesting people, places and events that make our city unique.
Pre-orders of Secret Rockford will be accepted for one week between Jan. 13 and Jan. 20. Pre-orders will ship Friday, Jan. 24. After that, the book will be available in local retail stores, as well as Amazon.com and for Nook and Kindle e-readers. Secret Rockford will retail for $16.95.
Secret Rockford contains many snapshots of life in the Forest City, including a history of Mattison Machine Works; the battle over a mural in Roosevelt Middle School; the story of a simple basketball game with a shoeless youth; the truth about local connections to organized crime; infamous murders; and the day Santa Claus fell from the sky. All are merely a peek behind the curtain, but each contains meaningful truths about our Rockford experience.
Men and women from all walks of life have come together to share their stories in this anthology. They are journalists, teachers, writers, photographers, entrepreneurs or just average citizens who are being published for the first time. All have a deep and abiding interest in their community.
For information about how to pre-order Secret Rockford, visit http://www.secretrockford.com/pre-order.html.
From the Jan. 15-21, 2014, issue