- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Retain County Clerk Margie Mullins
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Re-elect Jesse White
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Elect Sheila Simon as state comptroller
- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
The Hearty Boys kick off Anderson Gardens’ Guest Chef Dinner Series Jan. 18
Anderson Japanese Gardens kicks off its 2014 Guest Chef Dinner Series with two of Chicago’s trendsetting foodies — Steve McDonagh and Dan Smith, purveyors of Michelin-recommended restaurant HEARTY — Saturday, Jan. 18.
The evening will feature cocktails and tapas creations featured in The Hearty Boys’ latest book, The New Old Bar: Classic Cocktails and Salty Snacks from The Hearty Boys. Guests will be encouraged to mingle while enjoying tapas courses paired with old-fashioned cocktails offered at five stations within Anderson Japanese Gardens’ spacious dining room. Tables will be available for those who prefer to be seated during dinner.
Passed cocktails begin at 5:30 p.m., with tapas and cocktail stations available starting at 6:30 p.m. The cost is $135 per person and includes tax and gratuity. A cash bar will be available for wine and beer. Space is limited and guests must make reservations by contacting Katie Weston at (815) 316-3306 or email@example.com.
Guests must be at least 21 years old to attend this event.
The Hearty Boys
The Hearty Boys are trend-setting Chicago caterers, authors of Talk with Your Mouth Full, original winners of Search for the Next Food Network Star and hosts of Party Line with the Hearty Boys. Their Michelin-recommended Lakeview restaurant, HEARTY, received 3 stars from the Chicago Tribune and has been much lauded for its inspired and deft twists on iconic dishes. Their newest book is an everyman’s guide to the current cocktail movement titled The New Old Bar.
Anderson Japanese Gardens
Anderson Japanese Gardens, 318 Spring Creek Road, Rockford, is one of the highest-quality Japanese gardens in North America. Inspired by calm and tranquility, this 12-acre, award-winning landscape is composed of koi-filled ponds, winding pathways, gentle streams, plunging waterfalls, raked gravel gardens, beautifully trained pines and more. Master craftsmanship and 16th century traditional architecture are found throughout. Visit www.AndersonGardens.org or call (815) 229-9390 for more details.
From the Jan. 15-21, 2014, issue