- 20-year sentence in 2013 homicide
- Parolee arrested after search warrant at RHA property
- Olympic star Michael Phelps arrested on second DUI charge
- Former NIU QB Harnish signed to Vikings practice squad
- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
Display of handmade quilts opens at JustGoods Jan. 23
Online Staff Report
The public is invited to JustGoods’ gallery, 201 Seventh St., Rockford, to enjoy a display and sale of handmade quilts by Cecilia Mann, member of the Sinnissippi Quilt Guild. A special reception will be from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 23.
Four of the quilts on display will be donated to the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit of Rockford Memorial Hospital. The guild has a “sew-in” the first Thursday of March to sew baby quilts for the Neonatal ICU. The guild also sews and donates children’s and baby quilts to the coroner’s office.
The display may be viewed in January, during JustGoods’ store hours, 10 a.m.-6 p.m., Monday through Saturday. The show is free and open to the public.
Call JustGoods at (815) 965-8903 for more details.
Posted Jan. 22, 2014