- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
Display of handmade quilts opens at JustGoods Jan. 23
Online Staff Report
The public is invited to JustGoods’ gallery, 201 Seventh St., Rockford, to enjoy a display and sale of handmade quilts by Cecilia Mann, member of the Sinnissippi Quilt Guild. A special reception will be from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 23.
Four of the quilts on display will be donated to the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit of Rockford Memorial Hospital. The guild has a “sew-in” the first Thursday of March to sew baby quilts for the Neonatal ICU. The guild also sews and donates children’s and baby quilts to the coroner’s office.
The display may be viewed in January, during JustGoods’ store hours, 10 a.m.-6 p.m., Monday through Saturday. The show is free and open to the public.
Call JustGoods at (815) 965-8903 for more details.
Posted Jan. 22, 2014