- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
Display of handmade quilts opens at JustGoods Jan. 23
Online Staff Report
The public is invited to JustGoods’ gallery, 201 Seventh St., Rockford, to enjoy a display and sale of handmade quilts by Cecilia Mann, member of the Sinnissippi Quilt Guild. A special reception will be from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 23.
Four of the quilts on display will be donated to the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit of Rockford Memorial Hospital. The guild has a “sew-in” the first Thursday of March to sew baby quilts for the Neonatal ICU. The guild also sews and donates children’s and baby quilts to the coroner’s office.
The display may be viewed in January, during JustGoods’ store hours, 10 a.m.-6 p.m., Monday through Saturday. The show is free and open to the public.
Call JustGoods at (815) 965-8903 for more details.
Posted Jan. 22, 2014