- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Display of handmade quilts opens at JustGoods Jan. 23
Online Staff Report
The public is invited to JustGoods’ gallery, 201 Seventh St., Rockford, to enjoy a display and sale of handmade quilts by Cecilia Mann, member of the Sinnissippi Quilt Guild. A special reception will be from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 23.
Four of the quilts on display will be donated to the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit of Rockford Memorial Hospital. The guild has a “sew-in” the first Thursday of March to sew baby quilts for the Neonatal ICU. The guild also sews and donates children’s and baby quilts to the coroner’s office.
The display may be viewed in January, during JustGoods’ store hours, 10 a.m.-6 p.m., Monday through Saturday. The show is free and open to the public.
Call JustGoods at (815) 965-8903 for more details.
Posted Jan. 22, 2014