- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Display of handmade quilts opens at JustGoods Jan. 23
Online Staff Report
The public is invited to JustGoods’ gallery, 201 Seventh St., Rockford, to enjoy a display and sale of handmade quilts by Cecilia Mann, member of the Sinnissippi Quilt Guild. A special reception will be from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 23.
Four of the quilts on display will be donated to the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit of Rockford Memorial Hospital. The guild has a “sew-in” the first Thursday of March to sew baby quilts for the Neonatal ICU. The guild also sews and donates children’s and baby quilts to the coroner’s office.
The display may be viewed in January, during JustGoods’ store hours, 10 a.m.-6 p.m., Monday through Saturday. The show is free and open to the public.
Call JustGoods at (815) 965-8903 for more details.
Posted Jan. 22, 2014