- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Go south of the border at Discovery Center Jan. 26
Online Staff Report
Sunday, Jan. 26, from 1 to 4 p.m., visit Rockford’s Discovery Center and find yourself south of the border!
Wear your loudest shirt as the museum turns up the heat and prepares for a fiesta … Discovery Center style.
Explore the culture, food and fun of Mexico. Hop into a volcano. Try your hand at art and craft activities with a Mexican flare. Enjoy live music from Frank Calvagna. Take a half-day vacation without leaving town and immerse yourself in the captivating rhythms of Mexico.
Cost of the event is included with admission to Discovery Center — $8 for adults, $8 for children ages 2-17 and free to children age 1 and younger as well as to members of Discovery Center Museum.
Discovery Center is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., downtown Rockford. Call (815) 963-6769 or visit discoverycentermuseum.org.
Posted Jan. 22, 2014