- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
Go south of the border at Discovery Center Jan. 26
Online Staff Report
Sunday, Jan. 26, from 1 to 4 p.m., visit Rockford’s Discovery Center and find yourself south of the border!
Wear your loudest shirt as the museum turns up the heat and prepares for a fiesta … Discovery Center style.
Explore the culture, food and fun of Mexico. Hop into a volcano. Try your hand at art and craft activities with a Mexican flare. Enjoy live music from Frank Calvagna. Take a half-day vacation without leaving town and immerse yourself in the captivating rhythms of Mexico.
Cost of the event is included with admission to Discovery Center — $8 for adults, $8 for children ages 2-17 and free to children age 1 and younger as well as to members of Discovery Center Museum.
Discovery Center is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., downtown Rockford. Call (815) 963-6769 or visit discoverycentermuseum.org.
Posted Jan. 22, 2014