- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
Go south of the border at Discovery Center Jan. 26
Online Staff Report
Sunday, Jan. 26, from 1 to 4 p.m., visit Rockford’s Discovery Center and find yourself south of the border!
Wear your loudest shirt as the museum turns up the heat and prepares for a fiesta … Discovery Center style.
Explore the culture, food and fun of Mexico. Hop into a volcano. Try your hand at art and craft activities with a Mexican flare. Enjoy live music from Frank Calvagna. Take a half-day vacation without leaving town and immerse yourself in the captivating rhythms of Mexico.
Cost of the event is included with admission to Discovery Center — $8 for adults, $8 for children ages 2-17 and free to children age 1 and younger as well as to members of Discovery Center Museum.
Discovery Center is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., downtown Rockford. Call (815) 963-6769 or visit discoverycentermuseum.org.
Posted Jan. 22, 2014