- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Go south of the border at Discovery Center Jan. 26
Online Staff Report
Sunday, Jan. 26, from 1 to 4 p.m., visit Rockford’s Discovery Center and find yourself south of the border!
Wear your loudest shirt as the museum turns up the heat and prepares for a fiesta … Discovery Center style.
Explore the culture, food and fun of Mexico. Hop into a volcano. Try your hand at art and craft activities with a Mexican flare. Enjoy live music from Frank Calvagna. Take a half-day vacation without leaving town and immerse yourself in the captivating rhythms of Mexico.
Cost of the event is included with admission to Discovery Center — $8 for adults, $8 for children ages 2-17 and free to children age 1 and younger as well as to members of Discovery Center Museum.
Discovery Center is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., downtown Rockford. Call (815) 963-6769 or visit discoverycentermuseum.org.
Posted Jan. 22, 2014