- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
- Charges re-filed against seven Hells Angels
- Tube Talk: Addicted to ‘Rehab Addict’
Go south of the border at Discovery Center Jan. 26
Online Staff Report
Sunday, Jan. 26, from 1 to 4 p.m., visit Rockford’s Discovery Center and find yourself south of the border!
Wear your loudest shirt as the museum turns up the heat and prepares for a fiesta … Discovery Center style.
Explore the culture, food and fun of Mexico. Hop into a volcano. Try your hand at art and craft activities with a Mexican flare. Enjoy live music from Frank Calvagna. Take a half-day vacation without leaving town and immerse yourself in the captivating rhythms of Mexico.
Cost of the event is included with admission to Discovery Center — $8 for adults, $8 for children ages 2-17 and free to children age 1 and younger as well as to members of Discovery Center Museum.
Discovery Center is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., downtown Rockford. Call (815) 963-6769 or visit discoverycentermuseum.org.
Posted Jan. 22, 2014