- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
Monster Jam invades BMO Harris Bank Center Jan. 31-Feb. 1
Tickets are on sale for Jan. 31-Feb. 1 Monster Jam shows at Rockford’s BMO Harris Bank Center, 300 Elm St., Rockford.
Tickets start at $20 and Gold Circle seating is $30. Tickets are available at the BMO Harris Bank Center Box Office, online at www.thebmoharrisbankcenter.com, by phone at (815) 968-5222, or at ticketmaster.com.
Monster Jam shows will be at 7:30 p.m., Friday, Jan. 31, and 2 and 7:30 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 1.
The event will feature El Toro Loco, Monster Mutt Dalmatian, Raminator, Rammunition, Higher Education and Iron Warrior.
A Pit Party will be from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 1, giving fans the opportunity to get an up-close view of the trucks and meet the drivers of the massive monster trucks. Pit passes can be purchased for $10 with a ticket to the 2 p.m. performance Saturday.
Monster Jam is the most exciting form of family motorsports entertainment on the planet. The 12-feet-tall, 10,000-pound machines are custom-designed and sit atop 66-inch tall tires. Monster Jam trucks generate 1,500 to 2,000 horsepower and are capable of speeds up to 100 miles per hour.
From the Jan. 22-28, 2014, issue