- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Music Academy holds open house Jan. 25
Break from the doldrums of winter by experiencing family music at the Music Academy of Rockford Saturday, Jan. 25.
The open house will feature demonstration classes and “mini-lessons” where children can practice on various instruments with the help of instructors.
Families also can stay to observe beginning Suzuki violin and cello group classes. The open house will begin at 9 a.m.
The Music Academy is in Loreen Hall, 226 S. Second St., next to First Lutheran Church. For more information, call (815) 986-0037 or visit www.musicacademyinrockford.com.
The Music Academy is a not-for-profit community-based school of music dedicated to providing high-quality, affordable instruction and performing opportunities to students regardless of age and ability.
From the Jan. 22-28, 2014, issue