- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Music Academy holds open house Jan. 25
Break from the doldrums of winter by experiencing family music at the Music Academy of Rockford Saturday, Jan. 25.
The open house will feature demonstration classes and “mini-lessons” where children can practice on various instruments with the help of instructors.
Families also can stay to observe beginning Suzuki violin and cello group classes. The open house will begin at 9 a.m.
The Music Academy is in Loreen Hall, 226 S. Second St., next to First Lutheran Church. For more information, call (815) 986-0037 or visit www.musicacademyinrockford.com.
The Music Academy is a not-for-profit community-based school of music dedicated to providing high-quality, affordable instruction and performing opportunities to students regardless of age and ability.
From the Jan. 22-28, 2014, issue