- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
- Charges re-filed against seven Hells Angels
- Tube Talk: Addicted to ‘Rehab Addict’
Music Academy holds open house Jan. 25
Break from the doldrums of winter by experiencing family music at the Music Academy of Rockford Saturday, Jan. 25.
The open house will feature demonstration classes and “mini-lessons” where children can practice on various instruments with the help of instructors.
Families also can stay to observe beginning Suzuki violin and cello group classes. The open house will begin at 9 a.m.
The Music Academy is in Loreen Hall, 226 S. Second St., next to First Lutheran Church. For more information, call (815) 986-0037 or visit www.musicacademyinrockford.com.
The Music Academy is a not-for-profit community-based school of music dedicated to providing high-quality, affordable instruction and performing opportunities to students regardless of age and ability.
From the Jan. 22-28, 2014, issue