- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
New writing group starts Jan. 23 in Freeport
Online Staff Report
FREEPORT, Ill. — Freeport, Ill., author Kim Sigafus will be starting a writing group at the Freeport Public Library, 100 E. Douglas St., Freeport, Ill. The first meeting will be at 6:30 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 23.
At first, the group will meet twice a month. As the group starts to gather together, the dates and times of future meetings will be discussed and a schedule will be set. All writers in the area who are interested are invited to attend.
The group is for anyone who writes, whether they are published or not. The purpose of the group is to help each other along the writing journey.
Participants will be able to share work with others, ask for a critique or suggestions on storylines, or ask for general editing of the work.
Possible activities might include working on writing prompts, networking and gathering information to share with the others.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more details. The meeting will be upstairs at the library in Study Room B.
Posted Jan. 22, 2014