- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
New writing group starts Jan. 23 in Freeport
Online Staff Report
FREEPORT, Ill. — Freeport, Ill., author Kim Sigafus will be starting a writing group at the Freeport Public Library, 100 E. Douglas St., Freeport, Ill. The first meeting will be at 6:30 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 23.
At first, the group will meet twice a month. As the group starts to gather together, the dates and times of future meetings will be discussed and a schedule will be set. All writers in the area who are interested are invited to attend.
The group is for anyone who writes, whether they are published or not. The purpose of the group is to help each other along the writing journey.
Participants will be able to share work with others, ask for a critique or suggestions on storylines, or ask for general editing of the work.
Possible activities might include working on writing prompts, networking and gathering information to share with the others.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more details. The meeting will be upstairs at the library in Study Room B.
Posted Jan. 22, 2014