- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
New writing group starts Jan. 23 in Freeport
Online Staff Report
FREEPORT, Ill. — Freeport, Ill., author Kim Sigafus will be starting a writing group at the Freeport Public Library, 100 E. Douglas St., Freeport, Ill. The first meeting will be at 6:30 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 23.
At first, the group will meet twice a month. As the group starts to gather together, the dates and times of future meetings will be discussed and a schedule will be set. All writers in the area who are interested are invited to attend.
The group is for anyone who writes, whether they are published or not. The purpose of the group is to help each other along the writing journey.
Participants will be able to share work with others, ask for a critique or suggestions on storylines, or ask for general editing of the work.
Possible activities might include working on writing prompts, networking and gathering information to share with the others.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more details. The meeting will be upstairs at the library in Study Room B.
Posted Jan. 22, 2014