- Obamacare: All eyes on high court
- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
New writing group starts Jan. 23 in Freeport
Online Staff Report
FREEPORT, Ill. — Freeport, Ill., author Kim Sigafus will be starting a writing group at the Freeport Public Library, 100 E. Douglas St., Freeport, Ill. The first meeting will be at 6:30 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 23.
At first, the group will meet twice a month. As the group starts to gather together, the dates and times of future meetings will be discussed and a schedule will be set. All writers in the area who are interested are invited to attend.
The group is for anyone who writes, whether they are published or not. The purpose of the group is to help each other along the writing journey.
Participants will be able to share work with others, ask for a critique or suggestions on storylines, or ask for general editing of the work.
Possible activities might include working on writing prompts, networking and gathering information to share with the others.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more details. The meeting will be upstairs at the library in Study Room B.
Posted Jan. 22, 2014