- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: Catching up with John ‘Brizz’ Brizzolara of 96.7 The Eagle
New writing group starts Jan. 23 in Freeport
Online Staff Report
FREEPORT, Ill. — Freeport, Ill., author Kim Sigafus will be starting a writing group at the Freeport Public Library, 100 E. Douglas St., Freeport, Ill. The first meeting will be at 6:30 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 23.
At first, the group will meet twice a month. As the group starts to gather together, the dates and times of future meetings will be discussed and a schedule will be set. All writers in the area who are interested are invited to attend.
The group is for anyone who writes, whether they are published or not. The purpose of the group is to help each other along the writing journey.
Participants will be able to share work with others, ask for a critique or suggestions on storylines, or ask for general editing of the work.
Possible activities might include working on writing prompts, networking and gathering information to share with the others.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more details. The meeting will be upstairs at the library in Study Room B.
Posted Jan. 22, 2014