- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
- TRRT March 25-31 | Online Edition
- State Roundup: Plaintiffs join Rauner on fair share case
Winners named in 2014 Concerto Competition
Online Staff Report
Rockford Symphony Orchestra (RSO) and Rock Valley College (RVC) have announced the 2014 Concerto Competition winners. The annual event offered music students ages 13-21 the opportunity to compete for three cash awards and a featured performance with the Rockford Symphony Youth Orchestra (RSYO) on their spring 2013 concert.
First prize ($350) was awarded to Sofiya Kyrylyuk, violin, from Huntley, Ill. Second Prize ($250) was awarded to Jacob Jang, bassoon, from Rockford. Third Prize ($150) was awarded to Chantel Davis, violin, from Rochelle, Ill.
For more about the RSYO or the Concerto Competition, visit www.rockfordsymphony.com.
Posted Jan. 22, 2014