- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Winners named in 2014 Concerto Competition
Online Staff Report
Rockford Symphony Orchestra (RSO) and Rock Valley College (RVC) have announced the 2014 Concerto Competition winners. The annual event offered music students ages 13-21 the opportunity to compete for three cash awards and a featured performance with the Rockford Symphony Youth Orchestra (RSYO) on their spring 2013 concert.
First prize ($350) was awarded to Sofiya Kyrylyuk, violin, from Huntley, Ill. Second Prize ($250) was awarded to Jacob Jang, bassoon, from Rockford. Third Prize ($150) was awarded to Chantel Davis, violin, from Rochelle, Ill.
For more about the RSYO or the Concerto Competition, visit www.rockfordsymphony.com.
Posted Jan. 22, 2014