- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
- Impacts of low oil prices
- Monica Lewinsky takes aim at online bullying
- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
Winners named in 2014 Concerto Competition
Online Staff Report
Rockford Symphony Orchestra (RSO) and Rock Valley College (RVC) have announced the 2014 Concerto Competition winners. The annual event offered music students ages 13-21 the opportunity to compete for three cash awards and a featured performance with the Rockford Symphony Youth Orchestra (RSYO) on their spring 2013 concert.
First prize ($350) was awarded to Sofiya Kyrylyuk, violin, from Huntley, Ill. Second Prize ($250) was awarded to Jacob Jang, bassoon, from Rockford. Third Prize ($150) was awarded to Chantel Davis, violin, from Rochelle, Ill.
For more about the RSYO or the Concerto Competition, visit www.rockfordsymphony.com.
Posted Jan. 22, 2014