- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
- RAMP receives $10,000 grant for youth services
- Obamacare victory shows failure of Scalia’s conservative revolution
- City Market: June 26
- BREAKING: Rauner vetoes state budget
Winners named in 2014 Concerto Competition
Online Staff Report
Rockford Symphony Orchestra (RSO) and Rock Valley College (RVC) have announced the 2014 Concerto Competition winners. The annual event offered music students ages 13-21 the opportunity to compete for three cash awards and a featured performance with the Rockford Symphony Youth Orchestra (RSYO) on their spring 2013 concert.
First prize ($350) was awarded to Sofiya Kyrylyuk, violin, from Huntley, Ill. Second Prize ($250) was awarded to Jacob Jang, bassoon, from Rockford. Third Prize ($150) was awarded to Chantel Davis, violin, from Rochelle, Ill.
For more about the RSYO or the Concerto Competition, visit www.rockfordsymphony.com.
Posted Jan. 22, 2014