- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Winners named in 2014 Concerto Competition
Online Staff Report
Rockford Symphony Orchestra (RSO) and Rock Valley College (RVC) have announced the 2014 Concerto Competition winners. The annual event offered music students ages 13-21 the opportunity to compete for three cash awards and a featured performance with the Rockford Symphony Youth Orchestra (RSYO) on their spring 2013 concert.
First prize ($350) was awarded to Sofiya Kyrylyuk, violin, from Huntley, Ill. Second Prize ($250) was awarded to Jacob Jang, bassoon, from Rockford. Third Prize ($150) was awarded to Chantel Davis, violin, from Rochelle, Ill.
For more about the RSYO or the Concerto Competition, visit www.rockfordsymphony.com.
Posted Jan. 22, 2014