- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
- Charges re-filed against seven Hells Angels
- Tube Talk: Addicted to ‘Rehab Addict’
317 Studio & Gallery mourns loss of Tom Littrell
• Feb. 7 event at gallery pays tribute to late artist
Editor’s note: The following is from an e-mail from 317 Studio & Gallery, 317 Market St., Rockford. Visit 317studiogallery.com for more details.
By Tabatha Dougherty
317 Studio & Gallery, Artist/Communications
It is with the deepest regret and sadness that we announce the passing of our dear friend and mentor, Tom Littrell, on Jan. 23, 2014. Tom’s presence at 317 Market St. will be sorely missed by all who knew him, so we invite you to leave a memorial in the front doorway to his studio. Starting Saturday, Jan. 25, photographs, drawings, letters, mementos, etc., can be left with your wonderful memories of Tom and will be given to the family.
Feb. 7, from 5 to 9 p.m., the studio will be open for the last time as it was when Tom was here. We will be hosting an Artists At Work event, for which “Tom’s Artists” will work on a collaborative piece of art. We will then auction it off at 8:30 p.m. to benefit his family. Tom’s work will still be on display in the gallery.
We hope to see a lot of you there.
From the Jan. 29-Feb. 4, 2014, issue