- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
317 Studio & Gallery mourns loss of Tom Littrell
• Feb. 7 event at gallery pays tribute to late artist
Editor’s note: The following is from an e-mail from 317 Studio & Gallery, 317 Market St., Rockford. Visit 317studiogallery.com for more details.
By Tabatha Dougherty
317 Studio & Gallery, Artist/Communications
It is with the deepest regret and sadness that we announce the passing of our dear friend and mentor, Tom Littrell, on Jan. 23, 2014. Tom’s presence at 317 Market St. will be sorely missed by all who knew him, so we invite you to leave a memorial in the front doorway to his studio. Starting Saturday, Jan. 25, photographs, drawings, letters, mementos, etc., can be left with your wonderful memories of Tom and will be given to the family.
Feb. 7, from 5 to 9 p.m., the studio will be open for the last time as it was when Tom was here. We will be hosting an Artists At Work event, for which “Tom’s Artists” will work on a collaborative piece of art. We will then auction it off at 8:30 p.m. to benefit his family. Tom’s work will still be on display in the gallery.
We hope to see a lot of you there.
From the Jan. 29-Feb. 4, 2014, issue