- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
317 Studio & Gallery mourns loss of Tom Littrell
• Feb. 7 event at gallery pays tribute to late artist
Editor’s note: The following is from an e-mail from 317 Studio & Gallery, 317 Market St., Rockford. Visit 317studiogallery.com for more details.
By Tabatha Dougherty
317 Studio & Gallery, Artist/Communications
It is with the deepest regret and sadness that we announce the passing of our dear friend and mentor, Tom Littrell, on Jan. 23, 2014. Tom’s presence at 317 Market St. will be sorely missed by all who knew him, so we invite you to leave a memorial in the front doorway to his studio. Starting Saturday, Jan. 25, photographs, drawings, letters, mementos, etc., can be left with your wonderful memories of Tom and will be given to the family.
Feb. 7, from 5 to 9 p.m., the studio will be open for the last time as it was when Tom was here. We will be hosting an Artists At Work event, for which “Tom’s Artists” will work on a collaborative piece of art. We will then auction it off at 8:30 p.m. to benefit his family. Tom’s work will still be on display in the gallery.
We hope to see a lot of you there.
From the Jan. 29-Feb. 4, 2014, issue