- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
Artists’ Ensemble presents ‘Arty-Joke’ Feb. 1-2
Arty-Joke, a variety show benefiting Artists’ Ensemble Theater (AE), is moving downstairs this year. And, for the first time, there will be two performances!
Arty-Joke will take place in the intimate Cheek Theatre, part of the Clark Arts Center at Rockford University. Performances are at 8 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 1, and at 2 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 2.
Award-winning vocalist Patte Armato-Lund will host 90 minutes of music and comedy that showcases AE favorites and special guests. One never knows who will show up at Arty-Joke. Plus, AE will share a sneak peak at the 2014-2015 season.
“We’ve got an exciting line-up of shows with something for everyone,” promises AE Artistic Director Richard Raether.
Tickets are $30 and all proceeds benefit AE. Tickets may be purchased online at artistsensemble.org or by calling the AE box office at (815) 394-5004. Box office hours are 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Monday-Friday. AE is an Equity professional theater performing at Rockford University.
From the Jan. 29-Feb. 4, 2014, issue