- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: Catching up with John ‘Brizz’ Brizzolara of 96.7 The Eagle
Artists’ Ensemble presents ‘Arty-Joke’ Feb. 1-2
Arty-Joke, a variety show benefiting Artists’ Ensemble Theater (AE), is moving downstairs this year. And, for the first time, there will be two performances!
Arty-Joke will take place in the intimate Cheek Theatre, part of the Clark Arts Center at Rockford University. Performances are at 8 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 1, and at 2 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 2.
Award-winning vocalist Patte Armato-Lund will host 90 minutes of music and comedy that showcases AE favorites and special guests. One never knows who will show up at Arty-Joke. Plus, AE will share a sneak peak at the 2014-2015 season.
“We’ve got an exciting line-up of shows with something for everyone,” promises AE Artistic Director Richard Raether.
Tickets are $30 and all proceeds benefit AE. Tickets may be purchased online at artistsensemble.org or by calling the AE box office at (815) 394-5004. Box office hours are 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Monday-Friday. AE is an Equity professional theater performing at Rockford University.
From the Jan. 29-Feb. 4, 2014, issue