- IceHogs drop Wolves 4-3 at home
- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
Artists’ Ensemble presents ‘Arty-Joke’ Feb. 1-2
Arty-Joke, a variety show benefiting Artists’ Ensemble Theater (AE), is moving downstairs this year. And, for the first time, there will be two performances!
Arty-Joke will take place in the intimate Cheek Theatre, part of the Clark Arts Center at Rockford University. Performances are at 8 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 1, and at 2 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 2.
Award-winning vocalist Patte Armato-Lund will host 90 minutes of music and comedy that showcases AE favorites and special guests. One never knows who will show up at Arty-Joke. Plus, AE will share a sneak peak at the 2014-2015 season.
“We’ve got an exciting line-up of shows with something for everyone,” promises AE Artistic Director Richard Raether.
Tickets are $30 and all proceeds benefit AE. Tickets may be purchased online at artistsensemble.org or by calling the AE box office at (815) 394-5004. Box office hours are 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Monday-Friday. AE is an Equity professional theater performing at Rockford University.
From the Jan. 29-Feb. 4, 2014, issue