- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Diabetes foot care topic of Feb. 5 presentation in Oregon, Ill.
OREGON, Ill. — Dr. Brandon Gumbiner, DPM, will be the guest speaker at the Feb. 5 meeting of the Living Well with Diabetes Support Group. The group meets the first Wednesday of every month at the Rock River Center, 810 S. 10th St., Oregon, Ill.
Dr. Gumbiner, a podiatrist, will provide an informational talk about diabetes foot care. He is in private practice with Katherine Shaw Bethea Hospital in a multi-specialty group practice at 215 E. First St., Dixon, Ill.
This support group is appropriate whether you or your family member is newly diagnosed with diabetes, or someone who has been dealing with diabetes for a long time. Living Well with Diabetes provides an opportunity for individuals with diabetes, family and/or caregivers of those with diabetes to get together and share experiences, challenges and triumphs.
Dr. Gumbiner’s presentation will begin at 6:30 p.m. The support group is open to anyone interested in managing diabetes, and there is no registration or fee required to attend.
Posted Jan. 29, 2014