- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Diabetes foot care topic of Feb. 5 presentation in Oregon, Ill.
OREGON, Ill. — Dr. Brandon Gumbiner, DPM, will be the guest speaker at the Feb. 5 meeting of the Living Well with Diabetes Support Group. The group meets the first Wednesday of every month at the Rock River Center, 810 S. 10th St., Oregon, Ill.
Dr. Gumbiner, a podiatrist, will provide an informational talk about diabetes foot care. He is in private practice with Katherine Shaw Bethea Hospital in a multi-specialty group practice at 215 E. First St., Dixon, Ill.
This support group is appropriate whether you or your family member is newly diagnosed with diabetes, or someone who has been dealing with diabetes for a long time. Living Well with Diabetes provides an opportunity for individuals with diabetes, family and/or caregivers of those with diabetes to get together and share experiences, challenges and triumphs.
Dr. Gumbiner’s presentation will begin at 6:30 p.m. The support group is open to anyone interested in managing diabetes, and there is no registration or fee required to attend.
Posted Jan. 29, 2014