- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Diabetes foot care topic of Feb. 5 presentation in Oregon, Ill.
OREGON, Ill. — Dr. Brandon Gumbiner, DPM, will be the guest speaker at the Feb. 5 meeting of the Living Well with Diabetes Support Group. The group meets the first Wednesday of every month at the Rock River Center, 810 S. 10th St., Oregon, Ill.
Dr. Gumbiner, a podiatrist, will provide an informational talk about diabetes foot care. He is in private practice with Katherine Shaw Bethea Hospital in a multi-specialty group practice at 215 E. First St., Dixon, Ill.
This support group is appropriate whether you or your family member is newly diagnosed with diabetes, or someone who has been dealing with diabetes for a long time. Living Well with Diabetes provides an opportunity for individuals with diabetes, family and/or caregivers of those with diabetes to get together and share experiences, challenges and triumphs.
Dr. Gumbiner’s presentation will begin at 6:30 p.m. The support group is open to anyone interested in managing diabetes, and there is no registration or fee required to attend.
Posted Jan. 29, 2014