- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Diabetes foot care topic of Feb. 5 presentation in Oregon, Ill.
OREGON, Ill. — Dr. Brandon Gumbiner, DPM, will be the guest speaker at the Feb. 5 meeting of the Living Well with Diabetes Support Group. The group meets the first Wednesday of every month at the Rock River Center, 810 S. 10th St., Oregon, Ill.
Dr. Gumbiner, a podiatrist, will provide an informational talk about diabetes foot care. He is in private practice with Katherine Shaw Bethea Hospital in a multi-specialty group practice at 215 E. First St., Dixon, Ill.
This support group is appropriate whether you or your family member is newly diagnosed with diabetes, or someone who has been dealing with diabetes for a long time. Living Well with Diabetes provides an opportunity for individuals with diabetes, family and/or caregivers of those with diabetes to get together and share experiences, challenges and triumphs.
Dr. Gumbiner’s presentation will begin at 6:30 p.m. The support group is open to anyone interested in managing diabetes, and there is no registration or fee required to attend.
Posted Jan. 29, 2014