- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Diabetes foot care topic of Feb. 5 presentation in Oregon, Ill.
OREGON, Ill. — Dr. Brandon Gumbiner, DPM, will be the guest speaker at the Feb. 5 meeting of the Living Well with Diabetes Support Group. The group meets the first Wednesday of every month at the Rock River Center, 810 S. 10th St., Oregon, Ill.
Dr. Gumbiner, a podiatrist, will provide an informational talk about diabetes foot care. He is in private practice with Katherine Shaw Bethea Hospital in a multi-specialty group practice at 215 E. First St., Dixon, Ill.
This support group is appropriate whether you or your family member is newly diagnosed with diabetes, or someone who has been dealing with diabetes for a long time. Living Well with Diabetes provides an opportunity for individuals with diabetes, family and/or caregivers of those with diabetes to get together and share experiences, challenges and triumphs.
Dr. Gumbiner’s presentation will begin at 6:30 p.m. The support group is open to anyone interested in managing diabetes, and there is no registration or fee required to attend.
Posted Jan. 29, 2014