- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
- Something is rotten in the state of US education
Dirt Simple, Western Bandit Volunteers and The Dirty Beet Brothers at Rosbrook Studio Feb. 1
DIXON, Ill. — Rosbrook Studio and The Dirty Beet Brothers — a band that creates Americana music to make you stomp your feet, drink beer and smile — will host a Midwinter “Newgrass” Meltdown with their good friends Dirt Simple — Americana Roots “music to grow out of” — and Frank F. Sidney’s Western Bandit Volunteers — “Bargrass to fill your cup.”
Dirt Simple will kick off the concert at around 8 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 1, followed by Frank F. Sidney’s Western Bandit Volunteers, with The Dirty Beet Brothers finishing off the night.
Doors will open at 7 p.m. Tickets are general admission, $5 at the door. Details are available on the Rosbrook Studio Facebook page. Vending will be provided by Mama Cimino’s with drinks — beer, wine and soda, $3 and up — plus pizza slices. All-ages show, must show ID for alcohol service.
Rosbrook Studio’s Facebook page is at https://www.facebook.com/RosbrookStudio.
Rosbrook Studio is at 107 S. Peoria Ave., Dixon, Ill., and can be reached at (815) 973-4476.
Posted Jan. 29, 2014