- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
Dirt Simple, Western Bandit Volunteers and The Dirty Beet Brothers at Rosbrook Studio Feb. 1
DIXON, Ill. — Rosbrook Studio and The Dirty Beet Brothers — a band that creates Americana music to make you stomp your feet, drink beer and smile — will host a Midwinter “Newgrass” Meltdown with their good friends Dirt Simple — Americana Roots “music to grow out of” — and Frank F. Sidney’s Western Bandit Volunteers — “Bargrass to fill your cup.”
Dirt Simple will kick off the concert at around 8 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 1, followed by Frank F. Sidney’s Western Bandit Volunteers, with The Dirty Beet Brothers finishing off the night.
Doors will open at 7 p.m. Tickets are general admission, $5 at the door. Details are available on the Rosbrook Studio Facebook page. Vending will be provided by Mama Cimino’s with drinks — beer, wine and soda, $3 and up — plus pizza slices. All-ages show, must show ID for alcohol service.
Rosbrook Studio’s Facebook page is at https://www.facebook.com/RosbrookStudio.
Rosbrook Studio is at 107 S. Peoria Ave., Dixon, Ill., and can be reached at (815) 973-4476.
Posted Jan. 29, 2014