- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Dirt Simple, Western Bandit Volunteers and The Dirty Beet Brothers at Rosbrook Studio Feb. 1
DIXON, Ill. — Rosbrook Studio and The Dirty Beet Brothers — a band that creates Americana music to make you stomp your feet, drink beer and smile — will host a Midwinter “Newgrass” Meltdown with their good friends Dirt Simple — Americana Roots “music to grow out of” — and Frank F. Sidney’s Western Bandit Volunteers — “Bargrass to fill your cup.”
Dirt Simple will kick off the concert at around 8 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 1, followed by Frank F. Sidney’s Western Bandit Volunteers, with The Dirty Beet Brothers finishing off the night.
Doors will open at 7 p.m. Tickets are general admission, $5 at the door. Details are available on the Rosbrook Studio Facebook page. Vending will be provided by Mama Cimino’s with drinks — beer, wine and soda, $3 and up — plus pizza slices. All-ages show, must show ID for alcohol service.
Rosbrook Studio’s Facebook page is at https://www.facebook.com/RosbrookStudio.
Rosbrook Studio is at 107 S. Peoria Ave., Dixon, Ill., and can be reached at (815) 973-4476.
Posted Jan. 29, 2014